Cornell and Katzenberg

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 26th, 2006, 7:19 pm

Yeah. And try not to faint while you're there, okay? ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 27th, 2006, 8:30 pm

It's at 2:00 pm I think, so maybe you could leave school early or something.
My parents said they'd take me as long as it didn't interfere with school. Now, my classes end at 2:14 and it takes about an hour and a half to get to Cornell from where I live. I'll see what I can do but my chances are looking a bit slim.

Maybe, just maybe I'll get to go though - if I do I'll try and say hi to you, Vi! :wink:

Oh yeah - and my mom doesn't get off from work until like 3:30...So my dad would have to leave work early, which would make the whole "missing half of school" thing even worse. :? But there is ALWAYS HOPE! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 29th, 2006, 1:35 am

Hope to see you there Meg! :wink: :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2006, 3:06 pm

Please don't assault him Vi!! :)

But any coverage would be much appreciated, and an image or two would be fantastic!

Have fun!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 29th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Your so lucky Vi!

I'm so jealous ^o^

I can hardly wait for the pics :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 29th, 2006, 8:34 pm

Thanks everyone. :wink: I know you'll be there in spirit! :) (j/k)

Meg: I totally hope you can come! I think it's better to get there early due to seating and all that. The talk is from 2-3 pm. Also, the Statler auditorium is in the central campus. (there's a north, west and central.) I know all about this school since I was dying to go there but got rejected. :( Oh well, I guess this makes up for it! :)

It's all on the Cornell website, and there's a link right on the front page! :)

www.cornell.edu

Yeah. And try not to faint while you're there, okay? Wink
I'll do my best! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 30th, 2006, 10:30 pm

Well, today I went to Ithaca. It was.... very cool. :wink:

The talk lasted an hour. Everyone seemed pretty psyched before Katzenberg came (with a former Cornell student who now does VFX at DW animation) It was basically an "interview" between the head of the computer graphics program and JK. Although JK did most of the talking. :wink:

VERY mild "spoilers" about a certain Ogre film :wink:
Oh yeah, and we also got to see seven minutes of Shrek the Third. :D Very funny and BOY was the audience excited when he said that he brought footage with him. You're definetely back in the Shrek world. Lots of slapstick too, but funny, (I didn't notice any pop culture references at all) Oh and of course Donkey and Puss are back, both sooo cute! The film seems to be building on, (not re-hashing) their characters (Shrek as well) to make them more developed, it seems to me. Some truly unique animation too, and Shrek in a "different" kind of role than we've seen him before. (won't say anymore about this :P) Everyone cheered after it was over! Forget the naysayers. I really think this film will do very, very well. :)

He got a ton of applause at the end.

Anyway, I'll try to have more content organized later in the week, I guess I should PM it to one of the moderators?

I took some notes, unfortunately they didn't allow cameras but that didn't stop people from taking photos anyway, (not during the film preview of course, which I guess was the reason for the "no cameras" rule.) I turned my phone off 'cause they told us to...then realized that I couldn't turn it back on without everyone knowing ....well, sorry about that. But there wasn't much to really photograph anyway in the way of news, just the usual PR stuff. :wink:)
Last edited by ShyViolet on October 31st, 2006, 10:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 30th, 2006, 10:34 pm

BTW Meg, were you there at all? I hope you got to go. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 31st, 2006, 5:40 am

You can throw me a PM, Vi, if you'd like and I'll make it "front page news". :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 1st, 2006, 12:38 pm

Glad to hear you got there, Vi. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 1st, 2006, 6:15 pm

Thanks. I had a great time. :wink: :)

Plus Cornell is sooo beautiful and Ithaca is an amazing town. If anyone ever gets a chance to if they're in the Northeast, I highly reccommend a visit! :)

This was my first time there, even though I could have gone before. I've always been meaning to. What a perfect opportunity! :o

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 1st, 2006, 9:42 pm

Nope, Vi, I couldn't make it. :? Glad to hear you had a nice time though! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 2nd, 2006, 5:12 pm

Thanks Meg. Wish you coulda been there. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 2nd, 2006, 7:40 pm

Me too. Maybe, if I get into a good animation college, he'll give a talk there. I know a bunch of animation guys like John Lasseter do presesntaions at Ringling and stuff...

*squeel* Post 1999! Only one more to go! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 2nd, 2006, 9:00 pm

Me too. Maybe, if I get into a good animation college, he'll give a talk there. I know a bunch of animation guys like John Lasseter do presesntaions at Ringling and stuff...

JK's done that too. He went to Sheridan College about a year ago (someone here posted on it too! :)) as well as others. Plus regular colleges that have animation/computer CGI departments.

I know he's been to Brown, Boston U, Texas A & M, USC, lots of others too.

*squeel* Post 1999! Only one more to go! Very Happy

Congrats on "post-2-k"! :P :)