Del Toro teams up with Disney

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Roy E. Disney Filed for Divorce

Post by Daniel » January 20th, 2007, 2:43 am

From TMZ.com:
Not the Happiest Place on Earth

TMZ has exclusively learned that Walt Disney's nephew, Roy E. Disney, 77, has filed for divorce from his wife Patricia -- after 51 years of marriage. Disney is citing irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.

The couple married on September 17, 1955, just after Disneyland opened. They have four adult children.

Roy was pivotal in ousting former Disney CEO Michael Eisner from his office. Roy is still a senior executive with Disney. Forbes estimated his fortune at $1.2 billion.
How sad. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 20th, 2007, 7:45 am

Wow! After 51 years!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 20th, 2007, 2:35 pm

Some couples wait until the kids are all grown up to split up so they don't upset the family.

Weird, I saw her on the Little Mermaid DVD, and I remember them playing the happy couple during the whole Save Disney movement....was it all an act?

Maybe they were also waiting for the whole Disney/Eisner/Pixar thing to
get sorted out before they split up.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 20th, 2007, 5:54 pm

Meg wrote:Wow! After 51 years!
That's what I said.
ShyViolet wrote:Weird, I saw her on the Little Mermaid DVD, and I remember them playing the happy couple during the whole Save Disney movement....was it all an act?
Funny, I don't remember that. :?

What feature was it on?
ShyViolet wrote: Maybe they were also waiting for the whole Disney/Eisner/Pixar thing to
get sorted out before they split up.
That's a possibility, seeing as he didn't need that to distract from the main issue.

Though, who really knows. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 20th, 2007, 6:56 pm

Old people aren't supposed to get divorced

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 21st, 2007, 9:32 am

Macaluso wrote:Old people aren't supposed to get divorced
because..........

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 21st, 2007, 6:01 pm

Funny, I don't remember that. Confused

What feature was it on?
It was on the Disc 2, Backstage Disney: Making of Little Mermaid documentary.

She says stuff like: "It was a dark period for us [70's/early 80s] Walt had died," etc....etc....

About the SaveDisney movement thing, I remember that more from this 2004 New York Magazine article and a couple of others too, not the Mermaid DVD.

She said stuff like how after Roy got the axe:"I wanted to go to Burbank and punch out Michael Eisner," and Roy said: "I stopped her." Ha ha. :P :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 21st, 2007, 8:00 pm

Also, here's a little more on the divorce by Nikki Finke (LA Weekly) via Cartoon Brew:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/b ... s-divorce/

She points out that the fact that their stocks/property/assets will be divided might seriously affect Roy's stake in the company.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 21st, 2007, 8:38 pm

ShyViolet wrote:It was on the Disc 2, Backstage Disney: Making of Little Mermaid documentary.

She says stuff like: "It was a dark period for us [70's/early 80s] Walt had died," etc....etc....
Oh, ok. I've only watched it once, so pardens!

Thanks, Vi. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 21st, 2007, 8:43 pm

No prob Dan! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 22nd, 2007, 4:35 pm

Oh dear. I just read about this on Jim Hill Media. Shocking. I hope they get through it all right. :(
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rio » January 22nd, 2007, 4:47 pm

Isn't he like 200?

(j/k)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 22nd, 2007, 8:12 pm

I agree with what JHM said about respecting his privacy and not talking up something like this. It's just plain human decency.

I think most people on-line feel this way too--hence the comments on AN, Brew and JHM.

(Still, I know if it was Eisner, or even Bob Iger, who was getting divorced, the jokes, puns and cruel jabs (on other sites) would go on forever...... :?)

AV Team
AV Team

Del Toro teams up with Disney

Post by Jérémie » September 13th, 2009, 5:05 pm

www.media-magic.blogspot.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » September 13th, 2009, 5:51 pm

As long as Del Toro is leading this new label, I'm in. I'm hoping the films will be more like Coraline and The Corpse Bride and not so much like the lame saturday-morning "Tales From The Cryptkeeper". It'll be interesting to see disney try and do a horror film, even a relatively tame one.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83