All-Star Celebrity Bash Birthday Thread! ...

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 9th, 2009, 4:39 am

Ripley? Believe it or not! ;)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 9th, 2009, 6:39 pm

Man that's a bad pun! :twisted:

(I wish I had an icon for head shaking...

(This is worse than even the bad joke books my dad used to read and those were REALLY corny joke books!)
Last edited by GeorgeC on October 10th, 2009, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2009, 8:28 am

I love bad puns...if I was a Gotham City villain there's no doubt I'd be nicknamed The Punster - or Herman Punster! :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 10th, 2009, 9:37 am

Yes,

Next to Bookworm, Egghead, and King Tut! :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2009, 9:43 am

Aye!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 11th, 2009, 9:46 am

Today's Actor/Voice Over personality birthdays on this 11th of October 2009 --

Jane Krakowski, "Elaine" from Ally McBeal, turns 41. Although best known for that role, she's currently starring in 30 Rock on NBC and did voice a sloth in one of the Ice Age movies...

But she appeared much earlier in a fan-fave comedy, National Lampoon's Vacation playing the Kool-Aid arm-stirring, "special" herbist supplier Cousin Vickie!

Celebrating her 24th birthday today is Michelle Trachtenberg aka Buffy's imaginary little sister, "Dawn." Although currently starring in the CW's series Gossip Girl, Michelle has also had voiceover roles in various animated series for Disney and Warner Bros. in addition to the Adult Swim series, Robot Chicken. Michelle was also the original live-action Penny in the 1999 film adaptation of the classic animated series, Inspector Gadget.

Last and but not least is Joan Cusack, the elder sibling of John, and IMHO the more interesting of the two. Joan has also had extensive work in various comedies, a one-year stint on SNL in the mid-1980s, and has done a lot of voiceover as well. Her best-known character is perhaps Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl from the Toy Story movies. Happy 47th, Joan!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 12th, 2009, 9:54 am

Turning 41 today on this 12th day of October 2009 is Wolverine himself, Hugh Jackman!

Hugh qualifies for the list since he did voiceover for his Van Helsing character in the direct-to-video film, Van Helsing: The London Assignment... available now in unopened copies in the cheap DVD bins ($3) at your local Big Lots!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 14th, 2009, 4:33 pm

Turning 82 today is former Saint/007, Sir Roger Moore!

Yes, that Roger Moore!

In addition to his film an television roles, Moore has done TV/radio voiceover as well as a few animated features. We was the voice of Lumi Ukko, the Snowman, in the 1987 animated feature The Magic Snowman.

His latest confirmed feature work (according to IMDB) is as the voice of Leif in Gnomes and Trolls: The Forest Trial (2010).

Say what you will about Sean Connery being the definitive Bond -- and I won't argue that point with you -- but I always liked the sense of humor in Moore's 007.

I actually watched the Connery Bond films after seeing two Moore outings as 007.

I like 'em both.

How's that for a tactful answer? :wink:

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 28th, 2009, 8:55 am

Hailing Frequencies Open, Captain!

Nichelle Nichols, the original Nyota Uhura (Star Trek), is 77 today...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: All-Star Celebrity Bash Birthday Thread!

Post by ShyViolet » February 10th, 2010, 11:04 am

Today is Laura Dern's birthday (she's 43). Yay Laura! She still looks very beautiful.

http://www.imdb.com/

BTW apparently she's also in the Meet the Fockers sequel! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 10th, 2010, 9:10 pm

Loved her work on King of the Hill!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Happy 72th birthday Ralph!

Post by Darkblade » October 29th, 2010, 2:54 pm

Ralph Bakshi, The man who had brought us the films of Fritz the cat, Heavy traffic, and the live-action/2D hybrid Cool world has turned 72 today.
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/animators/ha ... akshi.html

And I found a nice tribute to him that somebody made.