All-Star Celebrity Bash Birthday Thread! ...

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
GeorgeC

Harrison Ford is 63 today! SIXTY-THREE!!!!!

Post by GeorgeC » July 13th, 2005, 9:28 am

Man, oh man...

And I can remember The Empire Strikes Back brand-new at the theater just like it was yesterday... but it was over 25 years ago!

Harrison's just about a year older than my Dad, but I honestly think my Dad has aged better and probably doesn't have half the physical/mental problems Ford has.

I really don't know that Lucas/Spielberg should bother making a new Indy film. Nobody's really asking for it, and we can all remember the general "meh" reaction to the uncalled-for T3 a few years back before Arnold became the Governator. 16-17 years is a LONG time between sequels and I frankly think they're not worth it if the time between filmmaking exceeds 5 years.

Next thing you know we're going to be hearing about Ford's hip replacement or knee surgery after Indy 4 gets made!

Darn, he looks old in the latest pictures I've seen of him!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 13th, 2005, 2:23 pm

I actually thought he was even older than that. :roll:

Well, maybe Indy IV can be set completely within Indy's university where he teaches. He's putting together a paper on all his adventures and other professors are ridiculing him, saying he made it up. How can he prove that he's telling the truth? Oh, and on the side he has a fling with a co-ed, and then Willie AND Marian come back....

You could call it: Indy IV: The Search for Tenure!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 14th, 2005, 3:54 am

While I'm interested to see what they come up with, it has to be said that the Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford and - most of all - George Lucas that made the original trilogy are NOT the Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford and - most of all - George Lucas that are around today.

Plus, what I loved about Indy as a trilogy, is that they perfectly bookended the 80s, with one right at the start, one in the middle and one at the end.

Of course it will be a big hit, but one can't but help think this is a "middle-aged" (old-age?) quest for one last stab at greatness. Spielberg still has it - let's hope he can pull it out of the bag, but I'm not sture this will not end up as some strange footnote, the way T3 has become, as George says.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 14th, 2005, 4:00 am

News from Kathleen Kennedy:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10303

"Now Playing Magazine caught up with War of the Worlds producer Kathleen Kennedy who talked a bit more about Indiana Jones 4. She says the movie will take place in the late '40s and she also addressed reports of Jeff Nathanson's script being approved by producer George Lucas and director Steven Spielberg:

'It's one thing to approve something, it's another thing to say it's greenlit and we're shooting it. So we're just in that sort of phase of finessing," she says, before responding to a question about whether or not star Harrison Ford is too old for the part these days. "No, I don’t think so. Certainly we're not writing the script as though he's 20 years old. You know, Sean Connery spent a lot of time in the Bond role and whatnot. I think it's great that we can go make another Indiana Jones movie and Indy can be a little older. I think playing with that is a good thing.

Kennedy added that she's hoping to see Nathanson's next draft in a few months."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Harrison Ford is 63 today! SIXTY-THREE!!!!!

Post by AniMan » July 15th, 2005, 2:29 pm

GeorgeC wrote:Man, oh man...

And I can remember The Empire Strikes Back brand-new at the theater just like it was yesterday... but it was over 25 years ago!

Harrison's just about a year older than my Dad, but I honestly think my Dad has aged better and probably doesn't have half the physical/mental problems Ford has.
I don't doubt your dad may have aged better, but I don't know what you mean by "doesn't have half the physical/menatl problems Ford has." Maybe I missed an article somewhere, but I haven't heard of any physical and certainly no mental problems of Harrison Ford. On the contrary, he's always been and still is a very, very active man. You probably know he did as many of his stunts as they would allow him and the man is a pilot for cryin' out loud! He rescues little kids lost in the woods and things like that. He's practically a real life Indy. So where did you get the perception that he's got "physical problems"? I honestly don't think he'll have any problems doing Indy 4 when the time comes. And if he does have any problems, he won't let us know.
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 15th, 2005, 3:04 pm

He does still look good and he even wears an earring! :P

I think he could still do Indy. After all how old was Connery when they made Last Crusade?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 16th, 2005, 8:42 am

Me and my brother always joke about how Indy 4 will follow him escaping an evil nursing home. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Happy Birthday Disneyland!

Post by askmike1 » July 17th, 2005, 2:04 am

Although I am an hour early, I'd like to wish Disneyland a Happy 50th Birthday...er...Anniversary. I hope you have another 50 great years as the Happiest Place on Earth!

-Michael
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

GeorgeC

Happy 77th, Billy Anderson!

Post by GeorgeC » September 20th, 2005, 9:07 pm

William West Anderson, better known as "Mayor" Adam West, turned 77 on Monday...

Holy multitude of Birthday Candles, Batman! :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 21st, 2005, 2:21 pm

He's so funny on Family Guy. (I couldn't believe it was really him at first.)He was great in the Simpsons and Critic, too. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » September 21st, 2005, 3:20 pm

Don't forget the Fairly Oddparents!

Adam West is AMAZING.

AMAZING.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 21st, 2005, 4:36 pm

Bart: You're not Batman.
Adam West: Sure I am. Here's a picture of me with Robin.
Bart: Who the hell's Robin?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Celebrity birthdays

Post by PixarVixen » April 25th, 2006, 8:54 pm

I thought I'd start a thread for celebrity birthdays, only because I was just told that it's Jason Lee's 36th birthday today. So...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JASON LEE!

From now on, if you know of a celebrity's birthday, just post it on that day! ^__^

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Reese Witherspoon is personality no 127 on the Web

Post by jane » October 18th, 2006, 4:55 am

Hi! Reese Witherspoon is 350th in the world and Faboulus Actress. Dolly Parton and Helen Mirren are just after him. Her popularity has been growing since last month she has lost 42%!:( Have a look at the stats here http://www.thepoplist.com/card.data/Ree ... 734446.htm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 18th, 2006, 9:02 am

Reese Witherspoon is a <I>him</I>? I feel used. :(