All-Star Celebrity Bash Birthday Thread! ...

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 23rd, 2009, 2:34 pm

Viva Knievel! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

All-Star Celebrity Bash Birthday Thread! ...

Post by Randall » May 27th, 2009, 11:42 pm

Just watched Return From Witch Mountain with the family (all loved it). He could elevate so-so material, and be outstanding in the great stuff.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 28th, 2009, 3:01 pm

Gawd...I opened up all the new threads as usual and didn't see the title of this. I read "Christopher Lee, one of the greatest..." and I thought "OMG! He's gone!"

Not only would this be very sad news, of course, but as a recipient of one of our Film Plaques in Elstree last year, he recently phoned me to ask if he could have a miniature replica of the plaque sent to him. We had a very nice conversation where he confirmed the live-action Last Unicorn is dead-dead due to lack of interest in funding.

But...more importantly, your post has reminded me that I should get that plaque out ASAP, before I regret not jumping on it sooner.

GeorgeC

Happy Birthday, Mel, on your 101st!

Post by GeorgeC » May 30th, 2009, 1:05 pm

Mel Blanc would have been 101 years old today.

He died in 1989, aged 81 (approximately), shortlly after his autobiography had been published.

He is still the greatest voice actor theatrical animated shorts ever had...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 30th, 2009, 3:17 pm

Don't forget that Mel Blanc was expertly profiled by Constantine Nasr in the last Looney Tunes Golden Collection (Volume 6), my review of which is right here:

http://animated-views.com/2008/looney-t ... olume-six/

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » May 30th, 2009, 4:36 pm

He's definitely the best and it's because of him, that we were later entertained by the likes of Billy West, Tress MacNeille and Rob Paulsen, among others.

I even named Mel Blanc the greatest voice actor in my own video:

http://thatfellowinthecoat.com/fellowvoiceactors.php

GeorgeC

Chef Louis (The Little Mermaid) is 69!

Post by GeorgeC » June 1st, 2009, 12:31 pm

Rene Auberjonois has had a career that has spanned well over 3 decades in live-action and has done many character voices for animation since at least the early 1980s to boot, too. He is without a doubt one of the most prolific character actors working today. People definitely know him better by sight or sound than name!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0041281/

Whether he's playing a political aide on the comedy series "Benson," voicing the scheming Desaad in various incarnations of DC Comics animated series, or portraying the original Father Mulcahy in the film version of "MASH," he's someone that entertains. His most famous live-action role is the shape-changer Odo in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. In addition to DS9, Auberjonois has made appearances in at least two other Trek series including Star Trek VI and Enterprise.

Perhaps his best-known voiceover role (besides Desaad for New Gods/Superman/Justice League fans) is the manic Chef Louis from Disney's "The Little Mermaid."

Switch to lobster, Louis. Crabs just aren't worth a new pair of dentures.

Happy 69th, Mr. Auberjonois.

GeorgeC

Spock-2 is 32

Post by GeorgeC » June 2nd, 2009, 10:17 am

According to IMDB, Zachary Quinto (Spock/Star Trek 2009) has turned 32 today.

Live long and prosper, new Spock.

You've successfully succeeded your predecessor, Spock-Prime (Leonard Nimoy).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 2nd, 2009, 6:30 pm

Um...George...did we <I>really</I> need to make a thread for this!? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 2nd, 2009, 8:14 pm

Maybe we could have a 'catch-all' Celebrity Birthday Thread .. :idea:

/kinda weirded-out that Neo-Spock is 8 years younger than me :?
//Happy Birthday, Neo-Spock :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 2nd, 2009, 11:42 pm

Nice to see that I'm not the oldest guy on these boards. ;) Looks like Droo has a year on me.

GeorgeC

All-Star Celebrity Bash Birthday Thread!

Post by GeorgeC » June 3rd, 2009, 2:04 pm

'Cuz Ben wants it that way! :P

(Party pooper...)

Anyhow, today's birthday's for this day, 3 June 2009 --

John Dykstra, developer of the Dykstraflex motion camera and special effects supervisor on classics like Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, and the more recent Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2.

Special effects can't hide the fact that today is his 62nd birthday!

Also turning another page in life or adding candles to his cake if you will, Stoney Curtis himself! Jamie Lee's Dad, Tony Curtis, turns 84 today. The escapist skills he learned in Houdini won't allow him to dodge new candles this year... neither will the Doubtfire act he used in Some Like It Hot!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 3rd, 2009, 11:30 pm

Gee, George, you're pretty good at writing that copy. This is a good job for you. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 6th, 2009, 2:39 pm

All merged! Let's do the birthday thang in here, please. Who's next? :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » June 6th, 2009, 5:06 pm

Okay...

CONTINUING---!

Birthdays, This Saturday, 6 June 2009 (the 65th Anniversary of D-Day) ==>

Our second American President (John Adams for those of you who are not Americans or didn't pay attention in history class) aka Dr. Satan who has an "Amazing Screw-On Head," Paul Giamatti, is 42.

Homer's major domo, Karl, and Mulan's cross-dressing Yao, aka Harvey Fierstein the "Queen of Broadway", is 57.

Freddy Krueger himself, Robert Englund (the man NOT the nation!), is 62. He still gives people the "Willies" (V reference) with those razor-claws. Wolverine stole his act! (Not really, but we are talking movies here... Nobody reads comics anymore.)

And Staci Keanan, who had Her (sic "My") Two (Hetero) Dads before "Heather Had (sic "Has") Two Mommies" is 34 and looking better than ever!

P.S. -- btw, Ben, did you send Sir Christopher his plaque yet? I believe he likes his metal lacquered B-positive... :D