Christopher Lee receives BAFTA award

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
GeorgeC

Christopher Lee receives BAFTA award

Post by GeorgeC » February 8th, 2011, 12:17 pm

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni7551739/

Christopher Lee received a BAFTA Lifetime Accomplishment Fellowship recently.

He joins the ranks of other such as Spielberg, Hitchcock, and Elizabeth Taylor who have received the award for their contribution to entertainment and the film industry in particular.

I could make a quip about the timeliness of this award -- remember Henry Fonda and John Wayne got their Lifetime Achievement and regular Oscars very late in life(!) --, but I respect Sir Lee too much and he's a d@≈Ω good actor and gentleman.

He played the only Dracula I cared for aside from Bela Lugosi.
I think he almost liked playing King Haggard the best, though...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 8th, 2011, 7:47 pm

He played the only Dracula I cared for aside from Bela Lugosi.
I think he almost liked playing King Haggard the best, though...
...There, NOW we've got the tie-in! :D

Just finished watching a cheap "documentary" series on Netflix where Lee hosted minor horror clips, but even there, there was plenty of room for Lee to tell old anecdotes of his own Hammer past, and you got the impression that this was one of the smartest gentleman "terror actors" for the ages, alongside Peter Cushing. (Apparently, they never like to be called "horror" actors, as "horror" means disgust.)
Seeing the Gentleman class of Karloff, Lugosi, Lorre, Price, Lee, Cushing, Gough, and Donald Pleasance really reminds you of how the past current generations have forgotten the discipline of what hor...er, terror even looks like anymore.