Wish they were showing these shorts here, too....

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
GeorgeC

Wish they were showing these shorts here, too....

Post by GeorgeC » March 7th, 2011, 10:12 pm

http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/3 ... ch-26-2011

The little-seen-outside-of-Japan Ghibli shorts get two screenings at Carnegie Hall in New Yahk.

One of the shorts is a 13-minute mini-sequel to My Neighor Totoro.

Blast! So little of the animated shorts produced in Japan actually get seen in the West. These include pilot films for both Unico and Lupin the 3rd, too.

(Yeah, some of this stuff is posted on YouTube illegally but it's just not the same...!)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 7th, 2011, 11:19 pm

I'd sure enjoy seeing those Ghibli shorts! Alas, all I'll have to see soon that's new to me is the upcoming DVD of the poorly-reviewed Tales of Earthsea.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 8th, 2011, 5:17 pm

My interest is in that sequel to My Neighbor Totoro.

Such a remarkably sweet film but the sweet factor doesn't become diabetic if you know what I mean...!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » March 8th, 2011, 7:38 pm

Randall, I quite enjoyed Tales From Earthsea and never understood the drumming it got. I will admit though that I have never read the source material, so that may have helped me enjoy it. The beginning is a bit confusing though, but once it gets past that and the actual story begins I thoroughly enjoyed. As a bonus the music is very good. It's one of my favourite Ghibli films.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 8th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Thanks for that, Bill. It puts me in a better frame of mind before I watch (and review) it. :)