Disney's Star Wars Episode VII - OFFICIAL THREAD

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Star Wars Episode VII - OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by ShyViolet » June 28th, 2013, 8:51 am

Ben wrote:PLEASE KEEP ALL STAR WARS EPISODES VII, VIII AND IX NEWS AND VIEWS IN THIS THREAD.
THANKS! - BEN
:)

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esm ... 77042.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Star Wars Episode VII to begin shooting

Post by Ben » June 28th, 2013, 10:16 am

Star Wars link aside, this is actually a pretty interesting article on the state of bursting British film production, although the link isn't made to Disney, who recently signed a multi-picture deal to make their movies at Pinewood: Pirates 4 went there as did John Carter, Maleficent was there, and Cinderella is shooting now, Star Wars and Avengers 2 will do so next year.

I wonder which of Disney's animated films will next get the live-action treatment? I supposed open season could be declared on Peter Pan, although they do seem to be staying clear of properties where others have already made attempts (like Snow White and many versions of Pinocchio), although I'd still like them to tackle the Oz books - properly - or they could make a decent series out of The Chronicles Of Prydain, which in live-action could probably work out much better than the last time they tried... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Star Wars Episode VII - OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by ShyViolet » June 28th, 2013, 12:20 pm

Who knows,maybe they'll remake Return to Oz (only this time not so terrifying!) Wonder if CGI effects will be scarier than the ones they used in the mid-eighties?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 27th, 2013, 7:38 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 28th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Well, that's better than him *un*officially scoring it! ;)

They hope he will be kept on to score VIII and IX, I just hope he's still *alive* to score VIII and IX! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 29th, 2013, 1:19 am

Thank you for saying what was on all our minds, Ben. We were just afraid to say it. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 14th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Zac Efron. Ryan Reynolds. Leia and Han's sons. One good, one...not so good. ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 14th, 2013, 4:28 pm

It's Ryan Gosling (Drive), not Reynolds. :)

And Zac is seriously a better actor than people give him credit for...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 14th, 2013, 8:59 pm

Ahh, then my info was slightly incorrect. And Zac is a much better actor than wooden plank Gosling! Oh dear...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 31st, 2013, 3:40 am

ShyViolet wrote:John Williams returning! :)

http://io9.com/john-williams-will-offic ... -933289604
Ben wrote:Well, that's better than him *un*officially scoring it! ;)

They hope he will be kept on to score VIII and IX, I just hope he's still *alive* to score VIII and IX! :)
I just returned from seeing Mr. Williams conduct The Los Angeles Philharmonic at The Hollywood Bowl .. I can happily report that he seems to be in perfect health; he strode confidently onto and off stage, and conducted a nearly 2½-hour set -- including three encores! :)

The first half of the program was a tribute to composer Henry Mancini (with whom John Williams had started his career .. playing piano on the theme for Peter Gunn). The second half of the show was 'all John Williams' .. opening with a suite of themes from Hook, followed by a medley suite each from the Indiana Jones and Star Wars films, along with a piece from Lincoln .. and the "Flying Theme" from E.T. as his final encore.

Through it all, Mr. Williams conducted with vigor .. and never once seemed to show any outward signs of fatigue.

And, he'll be conducting the same program again, on Saturday night..! :o

He even mentioned, prior to the performance of the Star Wars suite, that he planned to present music from the 'next' Star Wars film at a future concert at the Hollywood Bowl..! :mrgreen:

The suite he conducted tonight consisted of the final Lightsaber duel and the "Ewok March" from Return of the Jedi; The 'opening crawl'/Rebel Blockade Runner scene from the first Star Wars, and the Imperial March and "Yoda's Theme" from The Empire Strikes Back).

He also presented the following bit of silliness -- which he'd prefaced as "a look behind the scenes at my composing methodology":

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 31st, 2013, 9:58 am

Wow, that sounds amazing. Good to hear that he looks well! The man has had a spectacular career.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » September 4th, 2013, 7:31 pm

That's awesome that you got to see a John Williams concert, droosan! I really wanted to go to the one in San Francisco on September 16th (with Steven Spielberg in attendance) but the tickets sold out insanely fast. Hopefully I can get around to attending one eventually.