RIP Bob Hoskins

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Founder
AV Founder

RIP Bob Hoskins

Post by Ben » April 30th, 2014, 9:23 am

Very sad news just in: Roger Rabbit's (and many more) private detective Eddie Valiant is no more...actor Bob Hoskins has passed away aged 71, after battling pneumonia.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/w ... tor-700111

Such a sad shame; although he'd retired last year due to complications with Parkinsons he was such a nice "bloke". I loved him in Long Good Friday, Mona Lisa and Roger Rabbit, of course, and was very pleased to have met him once on the set of one of his more recent, smaller British pictures. He was also an honorary patron of a film history group I am involved with, but apart from anything else was just a normal guy, unaffected by Hollywood.

Out of everyone in the business, he's the one guy I'd have liked to have worked professionally with, and even though he'd retired, I'm glad I was able to meet him that one time.

With a multitude of great character parts, at least Hoskins' part in film history is assured, and we'll continue to remember him through a number of teriffic films.

RIP Bob.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: RIP Bob Hoskins

Post by ShyViolet » April 30th, 2014, 9:35 am

Oh no! That's awful. :(

He was such a good Smee!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » April 30th, 2014, 10:11 am

This was a bit of news I didn't want to wake up to. Really sad to hear of his passing. Definitely one of those great actors whose performances are wonderful to view.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 30th, 2014, 4:20 pm

I don't care what anyone else says. I love the Super Mario Bros. movie and have since I was a kid and it's almost entirely because of Hoskins' performance as Mario. He may have hated working on it, but even so, he gave it his all. Farewell, good sir. You will be missed.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83