3 billion dollar overhaul of Disney's Hollywood Studios

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

3 billion dollar overhaul of Disney's Hollywood Studios

Post by ShyViolet » July 5th, 2015, 11:35 am

Star Wars and Indiana Jones to have major presence:

http://thisisinfamous.com/3-billion-all ... exclusive/
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: 3 billion dollar overhaul of Disney's Hollywood Studios

Post by EricJ » July 5th, 2015, 11:51 am

While fans read one sentence and translate that into "They're building Star Wars Land!" (seriously, so much as mention the studios to a Parks and/or SW fan... :roll: ), we've known that the whole-park overhaul was in the works, just that it wasn't officially confirmed until they finally tore down the Big Mickey Hat.
Which was built in the first place to try and get the park away from "Movie production", since that had folded by the mid 90's, and on to a new identity about "the magic of movies".

Now it looks like California Adventure gave them the confidence to overhaul the thematic identity of another park that had since lost its compass.

(Accdg. to the article, the Animation building is already scheduled to close on the 12th, and have to confess, my first reaction was "AHA! So that's why they didn't create a character-meet spot for Joy & Sadness, they were going to be moved out anyway!" But, still think it was because they thought Sadness was a downer.)
Indiana Jones will not be staying away from Hollywood Adventure for too long. He just won’t be doing it in a stunt capacity with the rumors of the long-standing show closing up shop finally coming true. However, an updated version of the Indiana Jones Adventure that can be found in Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, will be breaking ground in Florida finally. So there’s that to look forward to.
Yeah, gotta admit, we on the East coast were a little jealous that WE had to get the "Movie production" theme, and stick the West Coast Indy ride over at the Dino section of Animal Kingdom. Indy Stunts, MuppetVision, Mermaid, Animation and Great Movie Ride were the last surviving rides from the park's opening, but at least Great Movie Ride got a new TCM theming/sponsorship.
And the only reason we had MuppetVision (and a short-lived Muppet stage show) was a relic from when Disney thought they had a deal with Henson when the park opened in '89, and it was only Brian Henson's say-so that kept it open between the two deals, but...no, they can't lose the great "Farewell concert", from before the classic performers broke up/died! :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » July 5th, 2015, 7:22 pm

I'd be interested to see what Pixar movies get new rides here in this new version of Hollywood Studios. I'd imagine Inside Out, with its huge box office and enormously positive reception will get one, maybe Up and The Incredibles also get their own rides?
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 5th, 2015, 7:48 pm

One fan suggested that Inside Out would be better suited to theming the Imagination building at Epcot, like Nemo rethemed Living Seas, and while Imagination's also rumored to be on the chopping block....(sigh) probably never going to happen. :( I could see it being so good, though.