Dean Jones RIP

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Founder
AV Founder

Dean Jones RIP

Post by Ben » September 2nd, 2015, 5:34 pm

Oh my...just saw the headline at the Hollywood Reporter and my heart sank.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... tor-819867

Vastly underrated as an actor, let alone a comic actor, Jones appeared in a number of Disney films, of course, but also essayed dramatic roles in other films. Watch him in any of his "straight" or comedy parts and marvel at the subtleties he gets away with when even performing alongside other great stars.

Herbie, lest us forget, would never have really have truly come alive as much without Jones behind the wheel, and The Love Bug is a genuine movie comedy classic, as funny now as when it was the biggest hit of 1968. Although he never really featured in animation, Jones is one of the few names that could claim to be as familiar a face as Walt's cartoon stars.

Yet another person who sadly succumbed to Parkinson's, this one hits me real hard. Disney films and those of Dean Jones in particular, were a staple of our Friday night VHS rentals, and he leaves behind a terrific body of work that shines as bright as any bigger star names one could mention from his 60s and early 70s heyday.

Along with the rest of the world you made a couple of kids laugh out loud and very happy back in the day, although we are both saddened immensely tonight. RIP Dean.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Dean Jones RIP

Post by Randall » September 2nd, 2015, 11:10 pm

Wow, this is sad news. So many great performances in Disney films! The quintessential Disney actor.