AMC to buy Carmike

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

AMC to buy Carmike

Postby James » March 4th, 2016, 10:21 am

Chinese owned AMC is buying Carmike Cinemas, which would overtake Regal as the largest movie theatre operator in the USA.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/amc-enterta ... 1457050915

Animated Views Staff
Animated Views Staff

Re: AMC to buy Carmike,

Postby Dan » March 4th, 2016, 11:55 am

Living down here in San Diego, you'd think AMC had already been the largest movie theater operator in the country for years. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: AMC to buy Carmike

Postby Vernadyn » March 4th, 2016, 5:48 pm

I gave away some Regal movie passes because there aren't any Regal cinemas near where I live in Silicon Valley, nor in the the area of Southern California that I frequent. Plenty of AMCs and Cinemarks, though.

I guess Regal is like Wal-Mart; I know there are tons of them, but I only know of one Wal-Mart within a 20 mile radius (or more); I seem to live in Target/Costco central.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Postby ShyViolet » March 4th, 2016, 5:56 pm

There's a Regal and an AMC in my area. I love AMC for their amazing recliner seats! :)
"It is written among the limitless constellations of the celestial heavens, and in the depths of the emerald seas....the world which we see is an outward and visible dream of an inward and invisible reality."

Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

Postby James » March 4th, 2016, 6:29 pm

I live in Regal's hometown. Love their flagship theatre here! No AMC's any where around here at all.