Remake of the original Tomb Raider game on the way...

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
GeorgeC

Remake of the original Tomb Raider game on the way...

Post by GeorgeC » November 17th, 2006, 12:20 am

At least that's the way this article makes it sound...

http://www.tombnews.com/games/tr-ann/

It won't be a TOTAL blow-for-blow remake of the first game. It's more of a graphical upgrade a la Resident Evil on GameCube with a few added surprises.

I'd still get it!

PSP, PS2, and PC-only... for the moment.

Game console predictions this year --

Wii will dominate this Christmas. It's the cheapest of the 3 next-gen consoles by far and WILL do well in both Japan and the US. There's also the not-so-inconsequential fact that Sony wasn't able to manufacture enough PS3's to satisfy demand even at an outrageous launch price.

Sony has a long uphill battle with the PS3 until the price comes down AT LEAST $200 (if not $300) AND proves itself a must-get with exclusive AAA titles. Won't hit mainstream/mass explosion until the price goes down to at least $350. I still think this system will sell in the US and Europe at any rate. Not sure how the Japanese are gonna handle this one. Mario (the Wii) will probably win over Japan in the end.

The only region Microsoft is going to be able to sell the X-Box 360 is the US. Everywhere else in the world, the dominating system will be either the PS3 or Wii. The 360 is already DEAD in Japan and while it's sold over 6 million units in the US, the luster on the system has died out a bit and the hype is clearly with the PS3 and Wii. I don't think the 360 will sell in Europe, either.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 17th, 2006, 1:37 am

Even though I have my DS now (and I love it) I would still kill to have a PSP. Those graphics are incredible. But it's more expensive....oh well, maybe in the spring... :?

There seems to be a lot more games for PSP as well.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 23rd, 2006, 10:16 pm

More games for PSP?

Nah, not really.

Taking into account its backward compatibility with the Gameboy Advance, the DS has FAR MORE games than the PSP.

The sad fact is that there are probably far more quality DS titles out there than PSP. Better hardware doesn't always equal better games.

Now, on the other hand, I can do about everything with a PSP that somebody can do with an iPod Video but A) I have a much bigger screen to look at and B) can play better games at 30fps. iPod videos can't even play Doom at full speed (20fps) and that game is over 10 years old!

Games aside, iPod is still a much better choice for storing and playing mp3s (which the PSP can do). The higher capacity HD versus the expensive memory cards of the PSP pretty much settle the case on that...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 26th, 2006, 1:46 am

Thanks for the info about DS. That's good to know... :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!