Media Magic

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » April 11th, 2007, 11:31 am

Third "terabithian" interview published today : composer Aaron Zigman, who tells us about his composition process and his emotion to score this beautiful movie...
www.media-magic.blogspot.com

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » April 18th, 2007, 2:11 am

Hi everyone,

My latest interview is now published. It's the one I did with Steve Hulett, one of the story artists who wrote The Fox and the Hound (dvd released these days here in France).
An extensive interview behind the scenes of the making of a story at Disney during this critical period that was the early 80s, which allows the artist to comment present-Disney-days in an interesting manner.
Come and read these memories from the inside of the Disney studios, paying tribute to great legends such as Woolie Reitherman.
Pure Disney nostalgia!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 21st, 2007, 5:19 pm

Great job on the Steve Hulett interview, Phil!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » April 25th, 2007, 3:09 am

Many Thanks, Daniel!

Today, I invite you to come and read my interview of Kimberly Oliver, music supervisor on Fox and the Hound 2, who explained to me the whole process of producing the one-of-a-kind music of the "mid-quel", with artists from Nashville. We went behind the scenes further than the dvd's bonus feature to reveal of the secrets of this great soundtrack.
We're in harmony!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » May 1st, 2007, 11:10 am

Come back to prehistoric times with my interview of Dinosaur composer James Newton Howard, following the release of the film in the Blu-Ray format, and discover all the humanity behind this epic adventure!
Musical and narrative experiments, musical approach, James Newton Howard tells you everything about this unique film on Media Magic!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 4th, 2007, 1:20 am

I really liked your interview with Kimberly Oliver! Very good, and very interesting about the whole process in making the music for Fox 2. And I agree, this was one great soundtrack, and it was nice getting a little more info about it.

Great job once again! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » May 9th, 2007, 1:37 am

Thanks again, dear Daniel!

Today, I posted my interview of Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy composer Joby Talbot (since the film is released on Blu-Ray here in France). Great and unusual music for a great and unusual movie. The composer talks about his career, his vision of the film and explain certain scenes.
Thanks for all the fish!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » May 16th, 2007, 2:57 am

Following the French release of Chicken Little on Blu-Ray, I publish today my interview with composer John Debney, talking about the big music he made for the little chicken!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 19th, 2007, 2:18 am

The French cover art, is so much better than the R1 version. I really like the pose they have him in, instead of just sitting in a chair.

Anyway, great review as always! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » May 23rd, 2007, 2:19 am

Always a pleasure, Daniel!

Now, for the release of POC3, I'm launching a series of articles/interviews on Media Magic about the Pirates saga, beginning today with an interview of composer Klaus Badelt on the first opus, "the one that started it all", so that we can begin the voyage on good bases!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » May 29th, 2007, 12:28 pm

Media Magic invites you now to an exclusive interview of Pirates of the Caribbean director Gore Verbinski's first assistant, Peter Kohn.
A unique experience on the trilogy told from the inside.
Enjoy!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » June 5th, 2007, 3:39 pm

Another exclusive interview on Media Magic : Bob Badami, the mythic music supervisor of Jerry Bruckheimer -so of Pirates 3- accepted to do talk with me about his career (work with Danny Elfman, Ennio Morricone, and others) and the work with Gore Verbinski and Hans Zimmer. And the article is now online at Media Magic!
Yo Ho!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » June 11th, 2007, 12:24 pm

A pirate movie wouldn't be a pirate movie without... a pirate song.
So, come and meet Matt Dunkley , the choirmaster of At World's End, who conducted the famous Hoist the Colors, ...on Media Magic, of course!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 11th, 2007, 6:57 pm

Sorry for not commenting, Phil, but I have no real interest in POTC. Only seen the original, so everything onward makes no sence. Hope you understand.

Keep up the good work, though! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » June 13th, 2007, 2:39 am

No problem, Daniel!
Yet, there's more pirates today and more pirates to come... with the interview of Geoff Zanelli, one of Hans Zimmer's partners on POC3, who was in charge of the character of Tia Dalma. More about this mysterious sorceress... only on Media Magic!