Disney Movie Rewards

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

About the coins...

Post by Un4tun8Disaster » December 4th, 2008, 2:58 am

Hey guys im new here, on the topic of the coins...Its been over a month and hope you guys got to order your coins.
I already ordered and recieved 2 coins so far (Wall-e and Maleficent) but entered the codes for all 4 films and the bonus 5th coin is infact a Mickey Mouse coin. Plan on ordering the other 3 coins tomorrow.
Description = They come in a black box (much like a ring box) with a white slip on them. When the box is opened the coin is placed in center spot and the lid has the disney movie rewards logo.
Although I havent removed the coins from the spots they're placed (just opened them and looked at the character front picture... didnt bother to see the castle on back of either one. I'd rather not have my coins touched for collectable reasons) they're pretty nice collectable coins though. Shipping adds up $3.50 each...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 4th, 2008, 9:09 am

Welcome, and love the avatar!

Thanks for the coin descriptions! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 4th, 2008, 6:17 pm

Yes, thanks! Could've sworn I posted a link to pics, but here they are anyway. Note, they are not gold, it's just the lighting or the flash. I think they look stunning. Definitely going to get them.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 4th, 2008, 10:59 pm

I haven't redeemed the coins, myself.

And yes, I did enter the Movie Rewards program after I figured I had a ton of Blu-Rays and DVDs that qualified from Disney.

My problem with this "free stuff" is the fact that I'd have to pay $3.50 a coin!

Yeah, so much for free stuff! :roll:

Shouldn't cost much to ship a coin even if it's in a decent collector's case.

I'd be better off getting something from TV that has a better chance of appreciating in value!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Un4tun8Disaster » December 6th, 2008, 6:16 am

GeorgeC wrote:I haven't redeemed the coins, myself.

I'd be better off getting something from TV that has a better chance of appreciating in value!
They may not go up in value to most people, but since they're Disney characters I'm sure once the promotion is over and/or later on in time, there will be some Disney collectors out there that would gladly pay $3.50 a coin.
I mean if you think about it, Disney character pins these days sell for $5-$10 each and thoes things sell like crazy. Another example is the free di-cast blue race car that was available when buying Cars dvd. Thoes things were $3.50 shipping as well and were later selling at close to $60 each on ebay when they ran out.
So if you're collecting the coins for value to sell them, I think the only one you'd have a problem selling individually is Aslan (Unless someones trying to complete their set). Although if you bought the set including 5th coin Mickey, if they're in great condition they'd probably sell at a decent price well over the $17.50 paid for shipping. (Maybe not now but later on)
I have yet to see an auction for any of them on ebay. So who knows how much theyd go for now.

I'm personally keeping em for myself. Especially Mickey...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 7th, 2008, 3:46 pm

Here's one auction I was able to find... $35 for the WALL-E coin!? :shock: And that's when the promotion is still active, image when it ends. $3.50 is nothing for what you are getting, just looking at pictures you can see the incredible amount of detail. These will definitely become collector items.

The only dilemma I have is what do about Narnia. I don't have the slightest interest in the movie, but to get that 5th bonus Mickey coin I will have to have the code and I don't want to waste money on something I might not like. Unless someone could help me out?? Can't blame a guy for trying. ;)

I'm ordering SB and WALL-E's coins sometime this week for sure. Just need to get Tinker Bell.
Un4tun8Disaster wrote:Another example is the free di-cast blue race car that was available when buying Cars dvd. Thoes things were $3.50 shipping as well and were later selling at close to $60 each on ebay when they ran out.

Technically it was offered with the Blu-ray, hence the "blue" race car. But yes, you're right. I really want the car for my collection, but the cheapest I've seen it for is $75! And there's no way I can justify that amount for a little toy car. Maybe if it was BIG, but even then that's a bit pricey.
Last edited by Daniel on December 7th, 2008, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 7th, 2008, 5:15 pm

Daniel wrote:The only dilemma I have is what do about Narnia. I don't have the slightest interest in the movie, but to get that 5th bonus Mickey coin I will have to have the code and I don't want to waste money on something I might not like. Unless someone could help me out?? Can't blame a guy for trying. ;)

I'm ordering SB and WALL-E's coins sometime this week for sure. Just need to get Tinker Bell.
...Hey, you couldn't get ME to buy the Tinkerbell movie just for the Mickey coin, and even I'm regretting the sacrifice.

But, "no interest" in a Caspian you "might" not like?--
Aw, go on, surprise yourself, and gamble on a coin...You can always eBay the disk later. :)

(And just in case anyone's curious about the "Digital and mobile goodies" for filling up the other non-coin trading-card titles in the book:
Managed to fill up the "Imagination" quota with the LWW and POTC Blu's and earned a rather underwhelming POTC "Magic 8-ball" widget...Any Tink 2.0 fans, let me know if there's anything more impressive for the "Enchantment" page. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 7th, 2008, 6:49 pm

True, or I could give it to someone I know. I'll think about it. It IS Mickey after all. ;)

Any who, I signed up with DMR and so far no problems, very easy, but I need help. It's what you and Neal and trouble with, trying to redeem the coin. I entered the code for Sleeping Beauty: Platinum Edition and I got the points, but how do I get the coin? I tried clicking the Enchantment bumper link (all of them actually, just in case) and it opens the book and shows blank pages. Clicking the "Coins" icon doesn't help either, it shows it is still locked. Am I missing something? Was I suppose to win the Sweepstakes, perhaps? Or could it be my account is still to new? Oye, confusing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Un4tun8Disaster » December 8th, 2008, 12:59 am

I thought it was just me! There must be something wrong with the site cause I unlocked all the coins and now all 5 are locked on mine too. So just to let you know it's NOT only you. Ordered 'em before site acted up so I thought it was normal when you order them but guess not.

I'mma be honest with you guys, When it came to not wanting certain movies I had the same problem. Didn't wanna buy Tinkerbell nor Narnia:Caspian. Didn't care much for Tinkerbell movie and well i fell asleep on original Narnia.. fortunately I bought the codes off ebay for less than 5 dollars together, they emailed me the codes and it worked out fine. Within the hour after receiving the email with codes I ordered last 3 coins. All there is to do is wait and see if the site processed it (got confirmations) even though its acting up...

On another note, is anyone here gonna order the free (3.50 shipping) mini Wall-E poster (under member benefits, special offers) that the site still apparently has up? Possible holiday gifts? I ordered 2 months ago... but my gf and a family member took em. haha...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 8th, 2008, 8:14 am

I love that the codes go for real money on eBay. That's so <I>twisted</I>! ;)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 8th, 2008, 9:30 am

... Also, it's very possible Disney will do something in the future if that sort of thing continues.

I DON'T believe in giving away something a person hasn't paid for... A gift of a movie is one thing, giving away codes that are supposed to be only for those that PAID for the privilege is another.

The e-Bayers will once again ruin things for everyone else!

The art of greed conquers honesty and discipline once more.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 8th, 2008, 2:30 pm

Un4tun8Disaster wrote:I thought it was just me! There must be something wrong with the site cause I unlocked all the coins and now all 5 are locked on mine too. So just to let you know it's NOT only you.
Cool, thanks! I was just looking on another forum and people are saying the site has been acting up since Friday, of all times when I finally sign up! Hopefully they do fix it soon.
Un4tun8Disaster wrote:On another note, is anyone here gonna order the free (3.50 shipping) mini Wall-E poster (under member benefits, special offers) that the site still apparently has up? Possible holiday gifts? I ordered 2 months ago... but my gf and a family member took em. haha...
I am! That was one of my favorite posters, so I would love to own a mini version of it. I'm surprised they still have them, actually, but I'm not complaining. :)

Edit: the site works now! I'm now able to see the cards, yay! And the coin IS unlocked too. Phew. Now to order my goodies...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Un4tun8Disaster » December 8th, 2008, 9:05 pm

To clear up the ? mark in center with an actual picture...Here's what the 5th Mickey coin looks like on the site after the other ones are unlocked.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 8th, 2008, 9:45 pm

Nice, I was wondering how the coin looked! Cute enough to justify a blind buy, provided I can't find a code. Thanks for sharing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 11th, 2008, 4:28 pm

...I also notice there's printable coupons for Disney DVDs or Blu-rays. Up to $30 in savings, with each coupon value of $3. And it expires at the end of the month. Well, got to use those pronto! I'm loving DMR. :D

I ordered my two coins and WALL-E mini poster on Moday, so I hope those arrive before Christmas. Can't wait to see how they look.