DVD and Blu-ray deals

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » February 21st, 2010, 10:31 am

I have a love/hate relationship with walmart. I strongly disapprove of many of their corporate practices, but they do have a lot of great deals, so I continue to shop there despite my personal feelings. For instance, I've gotten the first seven seasons of Smallville from walmart for $15 apiece and I recently picked up the first season of Heroes for the same price. You just can't beat that (although I have gotten similar great deals by buying used from Suncoast. When they say guaranteed, they mean it. Every used dvd I've bought from there was flawless when I got it).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » February 21st, 2010, 1:43 pm

Really they had Bedknobs for that cheap? I wish I had seen that. I have a love/hate relationship as well. >.<
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » February 23rd, 2010, 1:14 am

A lot of people seem to have love/hate relationships with them. LOL. Same here. :)

GeorgeC

Re: Wal-Mart DVD Sales

Post by GeorgeC » February 24th, 2010, 2:59 am

People need to grow up, Zach.

I was very disgusted to see people turn an innocent thread into a bash-thread.

I thought I was reading commentary on Cartoon Brew or Animation Nation for a moment there...!

If Wal-Mart wasn't meeting a need many people wanted in their communities, then the company wouldn't be as successful as it is.

W-M helps to keep prices in check. In many places, it's the only decent store for miles.

The reasons why other stores fail aren't limited to "W-M pushed them out of business."

Stores have to provide convenience, product, and services at a price people are willing to buy. If you don't meet those requirements, then your business will fail like Sears, KMart, Hecks, and many other retailers have. Even Wal-Mart could go the way of the dodo.

Life isn't always fair, but you man up and deal with it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 10th, 2010, 10:54 pm

>.>
I just can't believe Bedknobs and Broomsticks was being sold for only $10. Does that mean they are going to re-release it soon with a more spectacular Blu-ray edition? I tried to find it at my local WM but alas no such luck. :(
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 12th, 2011, 1:13 am

Barnes & Noble has their Criterion 50% off sale on right now, until Aug. 1. I picked up 9 Blu-ray titles tonight, though I'm still working on last year's haul.

Tonight's swag: Chaplin's The Great Dictator, Solaris, Kagemusha, Seven Samurai, Crumb, Cronos, Videodrome, Robinson Crusoe on Mars, and Beauty and the Beast (still 50% off despite being a preorder).
Last edited by Randall on July 12th, 2011, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 12th, 2011, 10:17 pm

I just re-did my B&N order, using coupon code J3M9D8K to get an additional 10% off. The sale is on until Aug. 1, but that coupon is only good for a few more days.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 14th, 2011, 6:16 am

Thanks, Rand! :) :)