Epic Mickey

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Epic Mickey

Post by Dan » March 29th, 2012, 10:27 pm

In case you haven't heard, Disney and Junction Point have officially announced Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two.

As you can see, the game will be a multiplatform title and offers co-op gameplay, switching between Mickey and Oswald.

In addition, there will be full voice dialogue. Frank Welker, who provided the grunts and groans for Oswald in the first game, will now voice the character as a whole.

Hopefully they've fixed the camera.

Release date is sometime in September 2012.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 31st, 2012, 9:38 am

Would have been great if they'd called it "Epic Mickey: The Power of Two". Same point, less numbering! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 3rd, 2012, 1:30 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:Hopefully they've fixed the camera.
So far, that's the one thing that's kept me from renting the original on PS3. :(
Fortunately, EVERYBODY's been complaining about it, so I'm guessing it was fixed. Hopefully I won't miss any crucial plot details jumping into the sequel, like with Kingdom Hearts II.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 3rd, 2012, 1:42 pm

EricJ wrote:So far, that's the one thing that's kept me from renting the original on PS3. :(
How is that even possible? :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 3rd, 2012, 4:23 pm

Oh, well, that's the other reason. Good thing, too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 14th, 2012, 10:20 pm

I wonder if Epic Mickey 2 will be any good? I'm assuming not since Epic Mickey was such a horrible godawful unplayable terrible clunky MESS that I couldn't even get through it. Horrible gameplay, horrible camera and horrible controls.

Seriously I can't overstate just how much I hated Epic Mickey.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » October 21st, 2012, 11:00 pm

The following is the full Comic Con panel from this year, moderated by former X-Play host Adam Sessler. On the panel is Marv Wolfman (co-writer on the game and is best known for creating Blade and Teen Titans Cyborg, Starfire, and Raven), Junction Point honcho Warren Spector, Becky Cline of Walt Disney Archives, and Peter David (who writes the Epic Mickey comics). Peter opens the panel is spectacular fashion.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 12th, 2012, 6:10 pm

Just a bump for having finally played the demo on PS3:
It's not bad--I can only imagine how bad the camera angles were on EM1, but here we've got a fairly nice free-camera 360 view. (Rather too fluid, in fact, when you have to play with regular controls.)
Any mix of gaming and Disney has Kingdom Hearts II as the bar to beat, but I got through the tutorial intro, and wouldn't mind getting through the rest...As soon as I get a PS Move upgrade, since as a former Wii game, it's geared for wand controllers, and a pain to play on normal joysticks.

(And I know those are Oswald hats on the panel, but why do they look like Blue Meanie hats?) :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » November 14th, 2012, 1:12 am

I'm glad to hear that the camera has improved. Did you get a taste of the music during the demo?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 14th, 2012, 1:49 pm

laughingoctopus wrote:I'm glad to hear that the camera has improved. Did you get a taste of the music during the demo?
I must have, but I don't remember it. (A videogame score would have to be Final Fantasy VII for me to remember it past the gameplay.)

This being Disney, the villain gets a musical number in the story intro, that's all I recall.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » November 14th, 2012, 2:37 pm

I didn't mean the score (having never played FF, I can't think of any memorable video game scores), I meant the songs (including the villain intro song you mentioned). The idea of a break-out-in-song musical video game piqued my interest, it could be interesting.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 14th, 2012, 7:01 pm

laughingoctopus wrote:I didn't mean the score (having never played FF, I can't think of any memorable video game scores),
(Oh, you'd remember FF7 if you played it...

I was determined to have that theme on my iPod for the last Disney park trip.)
I meant the songs (including the villain intro song you mentioned). The idea of a break-out-in-song musical video game piqued my interest, it could be interesting.
Oh, well, if that's what you want: :mrgreen:

(Although, as musical games go, not as good as "Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge" for PS2:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » November 15th, 2012, 11:30 pm

If you like the music from Final Fantasy, you would love Theatrhythm Final Fantasy for 3DS. Great game expertly incorporating the entire series' music.

Epic Mickey is... eh. But I appreciate the clip. Nightmare is better, but the song in the clip is just a reworking of "Kidnap The Sandy Claws" from the movie.