AV Forum Member

Post by Tyler_Legrand » October 21st, 2009, 12:47 pm

I have an established personality?

Anyway, here's some animations:

http://media1.gameinformer.com/media/vi ... /ani-3.mp4

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » October 21st, 2009, 10:21 pm

One of those seemed to be an exact duplicate of a bit of animation from The Brave Little Tailor. Did anyone else notice that?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 22nd, 2009, 5:40 am

What, when he's "swatting the flies"? Yep, I saw that and thought it was very nicely done.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Ghostbuster Man » November 2nd, 2009, 5:30 pm

I can't wait for this game!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » November 3rd, 2009, 7:11 am

The animation is indeed a duplicate from his animated adventures, that is how they tried to capture the essence of Mickey.
I saw this 20 minute presentation a couple of days ago, searching for it now so I can share it.

A lot of people will be quite surprised to find out that Epic Mickey isn't all that epic in reality though.
It looks like fun, a lot of fun, but epic? Not really...

Let me just say that it looks nothing like the overhyped concept paintings.
Something I quickly realised when it was announced the game would be a Wii exclusive.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 5th, 2009, 5:44 pm

Article about Mickey's makeover for the game:

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/11/0 ... edge-back/
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » November 5th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Man, this game sounds better and better every time I hear about it. Personally, I would welcome the return of "Rascal Mickey" because it would show that Disney is willing to go out on a limb and try something that may or may not work.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 5th, 2009, 8:26 pm

I'm kind of more intrigued by them using Oswald as a "villain" of sorts. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 6th, 2009, 12:02 am

I was to, until I read this:
[The sorcerer Yensid (Disney spelled backwards; nickname from “Sorcerer’s Apprentice” in Fantasia) creates a world for all of his forgotten creations, with Oswald being its first inhabitant. This world is very similar to a Disney theme park and sits on a table in the sorcerer’s study as an intricate model. Mickey Mouse steps through a magic mirror in his house and ends up in Yensid’s study. Mickey, the troublemaker that he is, becomes fascinated by this set and when Yensid leaves, he plays around with it and accidentally spills paint and paint thinner all over it. Mickey hears the sorcerer returning and rushes to clean up and return home, and he soon forgets what happens and lives his life of fame and glory.

Mickey’s accident causes a terrible consequence and turns Yensid’s world into a wasteland controlled by a monstrous being named the Phantom Blot. Oswald and the other cartoons try to fight off the Phantom Blot, but it overwhelms them and turns their land in a twisted mockery of Yensid’s original dream. Mickey Mouse remains oblivious to all of this until one day the mirror he stepped through before comes alive again and the Phantom Blot pulls him into this twisted world. Now, Mickey Mouse must escape the Phantom Blot, find Oswald, earn his trust, and manage to defeat the corrupted menace so he can escape the Wasteland.
Sounds as though Oswald isn't going to be much of a villain at all. :( In fact, it seems he's going to be redeemable even. Definitely not the power hungry version those early tidbits left us to believe. Of course who really know. It's nice enough Disney is using Ozzy.

I'm incredibly exited for this game, the early pictures and articles just make it sound, well, epic! Only issue I have is that it's a Wii Exclusive. Gah!! I love Nintendo, but the Wii does nothing for me. And I honestly can't justify buying another console mainly for one game. Imagine how this would look in HD. I'm crossing my fingers they'll make a multiplatform version down the line, but I'm not holding my breath. I would even settle for a PS2 port. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Epic Mickey

Post by Darkblade » July 1st, 2010, 8:39 am

It has been announced that Scrapper Mickey has been removed from the game.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180160

Be warned because some of the comments contain mild swearing, wasnt scrapper mickey somewhat the whole point on why Epic Mickey is happening?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 2nd, 2010, 8:12 am

Although that's only just been reported on that site, this is pretty old news from, what, about a couple of months ago? I even remember reading the same "you don't mess with Mickey" press line from the creator.

Funny how they're just reporting on this now, but I agree that this was supposed to be the entire point of this game.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 5th, 2010, 10:52 am

Disney chickened out, plain and simple. Does this mean they changed the story, or is Mickey still responsible for the mess?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 5th, 2010, 6:57 pm

Darkblade wrote:It has been announced that Scrapper Mickey has been removed from the game.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180160

wasnt scrapper mickey somewhat the whole point on why Epic Mickey is happening?

Er, no, I thought it was because Disney Interactive wanted to do their own version of Okami. ;)
(Because their animation-legacy image believes they "invented" the whole paint-your-world game concept.)

As for Mickey not being so "badass", well, he isn't--He has badass moves in "Kingdom Hearts II", but not that it takes away from the appeal of his character.
And for the record, if I read the article correctly, Disney didn't "chicken out", it was that.....test audiences didn't like it. Which rather confirms the point.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » August 5th, 2010, 7:32 pm

If Epic Mickey gets a sequel, we should get people to try to get the scrapper in it. Although I am hearing things about a new Ducktales game that warren would like to do.