Disney Comics

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » April 20th, 2009, 12:20 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 20th, 2009, 12:34 pm

I already know about that Donald comics but it's still funny XD the Mickey one is... wierd.
Ever wonder what Aladdin and Jasmine do late at night? (It's what you think it is!):
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Trusted Vizier » April 20th, 2009, 4:09 pm

Sunday wrote:Image
The Phantom Blot is one of my favorite "Disney"-villains, especially the earliest version of the character. Sadistic and unpredictable, a great foe for Mickey.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » April 20th, 2009, 7:59 pm

And just the delightful way the Blot exits the scene. If it wasn't so dark and morbid that could very well be Goofy saying so long or Porky letting loose a "That's all folks" type goodbye.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 21st, 2009, 2:48 pm

I remember a strip when it <I>was</I> Goofy revealed as the Phantom Blot! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » April 21st, 2009, 3:19 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 21st, 2009, 3:27 pm

It's not obvious? Mickey always gets all his attention and those people if he's a dog and then why he's like a human and Pluto isn't,Goofy was always jealous and become psychopathic and that's what happened to him.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Trusted Vizier » April 21st, 2009, 6:01 pm

I'm going to assume that Goofy, in the comic Ben refers to, suffered from amnesia or something like that and simply believed himself to be The Phantom Blot. Not only do we get to see The Blot's real face at the end of his first appearance (as well as several European ones, such as the excellent "The Blot's Double Mystery"), but I can also come up with a few comics where The Blot and Goofy are seen in the same scenes.

Of course, who's to say that there's only one Phantom Blot? It could very well be that there is an entire brotherhood of them and that Goofy is secretly one of their members (:shock: ). In fact, this would explain why the more humorous Blot Mickey fought in the 60's was so different from the sadistic mastermind he had encountered thirty years earlier.

Then again, the differences between Gottfredson-Blot and 60's-Blot could simply be due to a multitude of authors, who each had their own take on what the character was supposed to be like (keep in mind that The Blot of today is a genuine menace, again). However, I still think my theory is more fun, don't you agree?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney Comics

Post by gaastra » March 14th, 2010, 8:22 pm

Boom comics and disney is bringing darkwing duck back!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=25219

Hope it's good.

GeorgeC

Re: Darkwing Duck Returns---To Comics!

Post by GeorgeC » March 14th, 2010, 9:44 pm

It'll be good for fans -- all 6 of them who bother to buy the comic.

It's a case of too little, too late.

If a licensed comic isn't Star Wars or Buffy, it just won't sell.

The heyday of licensed comics were the 1980s. After that, they pretty much got dropped by every company except for Dark Horse which made its bread-and-butter off of licensed properties like Terminator, RoboCop, Aliens, Star Wars, and Buffy.

Sad to say that Disney has also done itself in by ignoring the vast kids' market in favor of marketing live-action shows towards tweens. The great bulk of Disney animated classic shorts and TV shows are marketed towards adult collectors... Even if the adults have been Disney fans far longer than their children (and grandchildren) they make up a small portion of the regular Disney addicts.

The older stuff just doesn't get shown much anywhere -- at least in the US.

How intelligent do you think that is????

Just another example of the 30-something ADD marketing execs and their mentors who blew it by removing the older shows from syndication and regular circulation for too long! (10+ years old is too old...) Should it be any wonder that many of these shows and boxsets just don't sell that well? There just aren't a lot of impulse buyers for anything animated that costs over $30 on Blu ray and DVD. People want to have an idea of what they're buying and if it hasn't been on TV in 20 years...!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 14th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Well, Boom has been thriving on its licenced properties, including the wonderful Muppet Show comic--- and that show is way older. (Their other Muppet comics, spoofing familiar stories, are pretty great, too.) They have a popular line of Pixar and Farscape comics (each with multiple titles), as well as Disney, so I wouldn't say that licensed comics are dead for them.

Plus, IDW has a whole slew of Star Trek comics, and Dark Horse still does a number of properties (Conan, Star Wars, Aliens). Even DC/Wildstorm/Vertigo do some licensed stuff, like Chuck and Supernatural. And that's not to mention many other licesed comics out there from other publishers--- look at Dynamite for many more examples.

I'm not sure if Darkwing Duck will sell or not, but it probably won't do much worse than a lot of other comics out there.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Darkwing Duck Returns---To Comics!

Post by gaastra » March 15th, 2010, 7:45 am

Also Dc comics has looney tunes, cartoon network presents, ben 10, tom and jerry and a few others.

Marvel has the dark tower, and wizard of oz.

Idw has transformers, gijie, eureka, csi, and tons of others.

Dark horse has star wars, alien, predeter, robocop, indiania jones, godzilla, and others.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 15th, 2010, 8:33 am

Disney do actually still show select shorts: that odd collection of "short versions" of several cartoons was linked to here recently, I think at disney.com/mickeymouse - you're looking for the Have A Laugh section. Strangely, some of these cartoons are also offered in cutdowns with newly recorded soundtracks, using the old scores but re-voiced. Very strange, but luckily the originals (including How To Hook Up Your Home Theater) are there too.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 15th, 2010, 9:22 am

Unless it plays the theme song when you open the cover it just won't be the same!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Boom comics brings Chip and dale rescue rangers back to life

Post by gaastra » August 30th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Boom studies will follow up thier darkwing duck and ducktales comics with chip and dale rescue rangers!

http://www.comicbookdaily.com/daily_new ... -at-panel/

The 90s return again.