Uncharted video game series

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Team
AV Team

Uncharted video game series

Post by Dan » August 11th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Since 2007, the Uncharted series has been one of the best selling and highly acclaimed video game franchises. The PS3 exclusive has brought Naughty Dog, the original developers of Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter, even further to the forefront with incredible action and storytelling rivaling all other titles.

The first game, Drake's Fortune, follows treasure hunter Nathan Drake, self-proclaimed descendant of renowned explorer Sir Francis Drake, as he follows Francis' footsteps in search of the legendary El Dorado.

The second game, Among Thieves, finds Nate racing against a psychotic Siberian war criminal in locating the missing ships of Marco Polo and snatch the fabled Cintamani Stone before he does.

Among Thieves garnered numerous Game of the Year awards from the likes of the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, X-Play, 1up.com, IGN, Spike Video Game Awards, Yahoo! Games, the International Game Developers Association, and the Gamers Choice Awards.

The upcoming third game, Drake's Deception, has Nate contending with a mysterious woman named Marlowe while he digs back into Francis' past in order to discover the lost city known as Iram of the Pillars.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by paulinabalk » December 29th, 2011, 2:12 pm

Surely the large potion of this is Uc3. 3.8 mill in its first day, sales must be up to about 5/6 mill by now? which leaves the other 2 with 7 mill to split between them.

And imo the spike in sales for Uc3 is definitely down to Sony’s new marketing campaign. Making great games simply isnt enough, you need to show the public these great games. And thats what there they are FINALLY doing.
Cant wait to start seeing the ads for Vita next year

Saw one of them the other day for a bundle of ps3,uc3,fifa12,gt5 and Bf3 for £260 i think it was?
Last edited by paulinabalk on December 30th, 2011, 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 29th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Welcome to the forum here, paulina, but you'll have to watch your language please. No f bombs.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 31st, 2011, 5:33 am

Sorry for the harsh welcome, but even given Randall's friendly advice and two edits to your message I still had to go in and take out another f-bomb from your initial message, paulina.

So here's the deal, plain and simple: one more use of bad language and I'm afraid it'll be adios before we've really even said hello.

Hello, by the way. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by paulinabalk » January 1st, 2012, 1:28 pm

All i can say: I will keep the rules in mine now. Thanks for bringing into notice.