Complete Carl Barks Disney Comics Collection Coming!

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Complete Carl Barks Disney Comics Collection Coming!

Post by gaastra » September 12th, 2011, 8:48 pm

We are getting every carl barks disney comic ever made!

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/20 ... arl-barks/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Complete Carl Barks Disney Comics Collection Coming!

Post by droosan » September 12th, 2011, 9:33 pm

The Article wrote:For those who aren’t familiar with the name, the Barks library has been one of the great missing links in a time that many have dubbed the “golden age of reprints.”
*looks at nearby bookshelf, containing the complete 30-volume hardcover slipcased collection of The Carl Barks Library -- which compiles Barks' entire run of Donald Duck, Uncle $crooge, and Walt Disney Comics and Stories -- published by Another Rainbow, back in the 1980s*

(the mid-1980's likewise was a 'Golden Age of Comic-Strip Reprints' IMO) :)

.. granted, the AR books are long out-of-print, and only in black & white -- but it has been done before.

I'm glad to see these great stories will become widely 'available' again, though .. and (presumably) in color, this time..! :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 13th, 2011, 12:44 am

Great article on the new Barks library, including info about the new coloring:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/20 ... arl-barks/

I never got the AR books, but I do have a whole shelf of Barks albums and books (including the huge Life and Times book, in hardcover, though not the leatherbound edition--- which I've held in my hands twice, but couldn't bear to spend $800 for; and the Michael Barrier book about Barks), including pretty well every story of his I really want. However, I'll likely pick up some of the new books, just to check 'em out.

My first Barks experience was reading a digest with four of his Donald Duck adventures. Actually, I was probably too small to read the words, but I devoured that digest for years, 'til it likely went to dust. I bought a good copy again on eBay a few years ago, out of nostalgia, since I had better editions of the stories by then. Those stories were gold, including Ancient Persia, The Mummy's Ring, and The Pixilalted Parrot. I've been a fan for life ever since. Great to see new editions coming out. The best thing is, they will be in general bookstores, and easy to find on Amazon, so a new generation can discover him easily.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » September 13th, 2011, 1:10 am

Don't forget that Fantagraphics has a collection of Mickey Mouse newspaper strips by Gottfriedson already...

I got a quick look at the book and it was pretty nice....
... and oh, by the way, I HATE the guts of the Fantagraphics editors. Excepting reprints of classic material, I have no use for them. The Fantagraphics people are comic snobs of the highest order.

It's like these guys are attached at the hip to the guys at the 'Brew.

That kind of attitude I can live without.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 13th, 2011, 1:12 am

I'll be picking up the Mickey book in October, when it's bundled with the second volume in a slipcase. These are sweet books!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 4th, 2023, 10:59 pm

Not the life and times of scrooge mcduck! :(

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lif ... e1776&ei=7

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 5th, 2023, 1:32 am

This is so disappointing and stupid. Between this and Splash Mountain, Disney is out to erase its past.

And what really annoys me is that I gave my originals away years ago when I got hardcover versions of the stories!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ohmahaaha » March 5th, 2023, 10:12 am

Randall wrote:
March 5th, 2023, 1:32 am
This is so disappointing and stupid. Between this and Splash Mountain, Disney is out to erase its past.

And what really annoys me is that I gave my originals away years ago when I got hardcover versions of the stories!
Good thing you got those hardcovers, though, isn't it? Jeez.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 5th, 2023, 3:06 pm

Glad I have the Deluxe Edition!