batman movies

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

batman movies

Post by meloney » March 6th, 2012, 5:13 am

Would Batman Begins be considered a prequel to the old Batman movies? My dad says that Batman Begins was a prequel to the old Batman movies but I'm pretty sure it was the beginning of a new Batman saga (that would explain The Dark Knight a little more). So tell me what you think.
Last edited by meloney on March 9th, 2012, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: batman movies

Post by Randall » March 6th, 2012, 10:51 am

They're totally seperate continuities. There are enough conflicting events that it's safe to say they don't fit together. At all.

GeorgeC

Re: batman movies

Post by GeorgeC » March 6th, 2012, 11:45 am

Guess nobody should mention the words "Multiverse" or "multiple Earths" to meloney or her head will explode...

There's no such thing as one version of ANY fictional character in existence.

(You have to get around the meaning of "multiverse" to be a DC fan at any rate... It helps for the long hauls when the editors and writers are SCREWING MOST EVERYTHING UP in the current comics and most of the live-action films. It also helps to be reminded that this is the golden age of reprints, too. There is very little good that hasn't been reprinted or isn't in the process of being reprinted from the primary character material pre-Nu this and that, and especially pre-1990s when it all started to go very wrong in many humble fans' opinions.)