ebay and Paypal

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 26th, 2005, 1:28 pm

It seems like I once saw "Ghost in a Jar" before. If so, I wonder how much it sold for.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 28th, 2005, 12:37 am

An interesting development has taken place with the Stitch doll. First of all, it was bought by 'andrewtitan47,' who previously had not bought anything off of eBay. Apparently the buyer was not truly interested in the item, though, as the next day, this feedback was left on his page: "Informed me bid was a scam- spells & acts like a 12 year old with no friends." Even more interesting is that 'andrewtitan47' offered no rebuttal to this negative feedback.

About the seller: 'garbageguy2' is located in Canada. Currently, the only item he is selling is the Stitch doll. However, he must have sold other items on eBay, because he has ten feedback responses in that area. Going by his feedback, he must sell videos.

I still can't decide if this "possessed Stich toy" is just a marketing technique...

AV Founder
AV Founder

eBay: The GREATEST "Disney" collection you'll ever

Post by Ben » April 8th, 2005, 9:40 am

Well, I was doing my customary peek through the animated offerings that pop up on eBay, and lo and behold: I think I've found the BEST collection of Disney films ever!

Just check out some of these amazing DISNEY titles included:

A Bug's Life
Babe
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Atlantis: The Lost Empire 1&2
101 Dalmatians
102 Dalmatians
Stuart Little 1&2
The Prince of Egypt
ANTZ
Lilo&Stitch 1&2
Chicken Run
Cats and Dogs
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Pocahontas 1&2
Mulan 1&2
The Lion King 1 & 1/2 & 2
Shrek 2
Ice Age
Shark Tale
Spirit

Okay, kidding aside, these are obviously bootlegs, though they have gone to the trouble of packing them all in box sets! But one would be a fool to go for this - all those titles on "single sided, single layer" discs? That means no extras, folks, and certainly a lot of compression to fit them all in! And with the "care and attention" thay have shown in packaging films from DreamWorks, Blue Sky and Warners in the mix, one can only imagine that they will be whatever copies they could find easiest - probably not even the correct aspect ratios!

Not only do I not endorse bootlegs of any kind, but what's the point of packing up copies of stuff that is readily available legally, and in MUCH better quality and with added bonus value?

Also, I wish eBay would keep a better eye on such "product" popping up on their pages. Public domain prints are one thing - copyrighted material - and substandardly packaged with other Studios' product, should be outright banned from their site!

For those curious for the full list:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 82056&rd=1

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 8th, 2005, 10:46 am

I like how some of them aren't even Disney.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 8th, 2005, 1:27 pm

Exactly my point.

Looks like they were so pleased to be bringing Walt's classics to DVD that they overlooked a little thing called copyright and studio ownership!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 12th, 2005, 8:52 pm

That's exactly how it is at Wal-Mart and such, when ALL the "Kiddie films" are dumped under "Disney"--Prince of Egypt, Alice in Wonderland, Monster's Inc...etc...

It doesn't surprise me, in one of my former schools a newspaper writer referred to Shrek as "Pixar" trying to upstage Disney.... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » April 12th, 2005, 9:42 pm

If its traditionally animated, it's viewed as a Disney film. If it's computer animated, its veiwed as a Pixar film. I just don't understand how people don't catch the big logo that appears at the beginning of every movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 13th, 2005, 8:04 am

They walk in late? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Is PayPal secure?

Post by ShyViolet » September 5th, 2006, 5:44 pm

I'm just asking this because I very, very, very, very much want to order Faster!Cheaper! by Floyd Norman, but I'm kinda paranoid about ordering anything online. (So far I've only done it through Amazon)

I've been practically drooling over this book since I first heard about it more than a year ago.

I think a while ago someone here had trouble with PayPal (or maybe it was Yahoo).

I'd appreciate any info anyone might have, or experiences they had with PayPal.

Thanks!

:)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Is PayPal secure?

Post by Ben » September 5th, 2006, 6:10 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Is PayPal secure?
Yes. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 5th, 2006, 9:38 pm

I've found PayPal to be secure as well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » September 6th, 2006, 5:56 pm

I've had no trouble with paypal themselves. Once someone else one the other end cheated me out of $50 though PayPal did recover $20 of that for me. Overall though my experience has been great! =D
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 6th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Thanks for the help. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » September 7th, 2006, 8:08 am

But if you ever get an e-mail "from Paypal" asking you to update your account, don't follow the link in the e-mail. Always type "paypal.com" directly into your browser. A lot of people use Paypal as bait when they go phishing.
Last edited by Phil on September 8th, 2006, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » September 7th, 2006, 9:53 pm

yeah. I got one of those yesterday. Opened the link to see if it was legit and it was on a site like oecommerce.de
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome