Final Fantasy XV

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Team
AV Team

Final Fantasy XV

Post by Dan » April 3rd, 2016, 6:09 pm

Square Enix went all out on March 30 with an event that not only showcased new gameplay footage of Final Fantasy XV, but also revealed a plethora of related material. As noted on the front page, these include a CG film featuring the voice talents of Sean Bean, Aaron Paul, and Lena Headey, an online anime micro-series, and the release of a free demo that tells a side story.

Below is the entirety of the Uncovered event with bookending coverage.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Final Fantasy XV

Post by ShyViolet » February 2nd, 2020, 8:51 pm

I know that this isn't EXACTLY related to Final Fantasy, but I feel it's kind of connected since it also deals with a video game that was made into a film. (Plus it's also kinda timely since so many video games are being made into movies now.)

Want to preface this by saying that every time this movie was on TV, I more than enjoyed watching it. It's just...fun! :) Plus it's absolutely incredible how even among the basic chaos, both Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo were able to deliver such likable performances. (And for a movie where everyone was fighting with everyone behind the scenes...SMB was incredibly good-natured.)

But the myriad of insane stories that detail the almost legendary squabbling during this film's production are really fascinating. Once again. JoBlo delivers huge amounts of ACTUAL rare trivia that is definitely worth checking out. :)

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by diegofahey » October 13th, 2020, 3:15 am

EPIC...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Evergreen » August 4th, 2022, 6:44 pm

I've read a lot of divided opinions over FFXV, but I loved this game. This, IX, X, XII, and VIII are my favorite of that franchise. I'm really excited for Final Fantasy XVI! I love that it looks more medieval like IX and less futuristic. Of course, I haven't picked up the PS5 yet. I really only buy the system for Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy titles, and FFXVI won't be out for at least another year and KHIV not for several years yet.

I do miss the days when there was turn-based combat. I'm not against the real-time KH-esque combat in XV at all, but I'd like to have another title with turn-based combat someday. X's system was really fun. I liked IX's, too, even with its age making everything slow. I really hope the rumors of a IX remake are true. IX has always been my favorite of the series, and I'd love to have a version of it with voice acting and faster combat.