Disney and Mcdonalds together again!

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney and Mcdonalds together again!

Post by Daniel » February 28th, 2018, 6:49 pm

Just saw this posted on the front page and am I beyond thrilled! :) (...heck, it made me come out of hibernation, so yeah... ;))

It's just one of those things that I thought would never change. Quite frankly, it was a dumb decision for Disney to leave in the first place. Yeah, yeah, fatty food, phooey! Parents or old enough individuals can make up their own decisions. Buy the toy alone or simply avoid Mc for all I care, people ruining it for others. Their healthy alternatives as of now leave something to be desired. (one could argue the same for their regular food, but I love my greasy burgers! :P) I've tried 'em, I do not likey. I shudder to think how much worse it can get. That's pretty moot though, since I hardly go for the meal anyway - unless I have BOGO coupons.

I was pretty bummed when the tie-ins initially ended. Mickey D just hasn't been the same since. They do still occasionally have their moments, I know I've stalked my local branch dozens of times this past year. Just not the same. Knowing there's a new Disney movie coming and waiting to see what the toys look like, then getting them before/after viewing added to the excitement. And the adult collectables, like plates and cups. Those were the days! Not so much these days...

Subway's been the go-to for Disney as of late and I sure hope this will be the end of it. Aside from the recent Coco line, (which was pretty cool in a way) practically all their offerings have been boring bags or some lame toy. A digital watch that barely has a hint of the theme. Where's the fun in that? If they want me to eat healthy so bad offer something cool, unique. Adios Subway!

I'm very interested to see how the Incredibles toys will look like and how the promotion will fare. Especially Ralph. So much potential for both. Another piece of my childhood returning. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney and Mcdonalds together again!

Post by EricJ » March 1st, 2018, 1:39 am

Now maybe they can stop showing that Peter Rabbit Happy Meal ad.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney and Mcdonalds together again!

Post by Ben » March 1st, 2018, 7:22 am

And maybe just stop showing Peter Rabbit itself!? ;)