Classic animation book back in print!

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
GeorgeC

Classic animation book back in print!

Post by GeorgeC » August 25th, 2005, 11:46 pm

This got reported well over a week ago on MichaelBarrier.com , but this tidbit was repeated once again on CartoonBrew.com by Jerry Beck --

John Canemaker's classic biography of Winsor McCay, the creator of Little Nemo and Gertie the Dinosaur, is coming back into print in late October.

The book can be pre-ordered through Amazon.com at the following link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 66-1048941

Winsor McCay: His Life and Art is considered the definitive book on Winsor McCay and has been out of print for about 15 years. Grab it while it's available.

It's the first animation book in many months that I'd recommend at least borrowing from the library if not buying outright!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 26th, 2005, 2:15 am

GeorgeC is absolutely correct: Tremendous book--- a prize of my collection. Highly recommended for animation enthusiasts! It has TONS of info and artwork, covering McCay's newspaper and animation work.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » August 26th, 2005, 11:33 pm

To anybody interested in early film history OR the development of the American animated film --

Even if you have the original edition of Canemaker's McCay book, you might still want to pick up the new edition coming into print in late October.

The book has been expanded and there's more McCay material and notes on his animated films.

There's no question I'm getting this book.

I would have liked to have gotten the earlier edition when it was still available, but I'm definitely spending the cash for the new edition!

Hang 85% of the animation design books and most contemporary animation history books. This is THE book to get this year if you're serious about animation history. The recent Fleischer, Chuck Jones, and insider animation books can wait...