We gather today for a our dearly departed... RIP, PSP

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
GeorgeC

We gather today for a our dearly departed... RIP, PSP

Post by GeorgeC » September 9th, 2005, 5:01 pm

George's PSP -- Died today :cry:
March 26, 2005 - September 9, 2005

It was a good portable system. A VERY good portable system. The only one I really ever cared for and enjoyed. Near-equal in power to a PS2 but with a screen I could actually look at WITHOUT squinting my eyes!

Its backlit screen enabled me to play games in the dark or watch my Spidey 2 movie UMD. I never, never had to use a magnifying glass or tilt the screen to see the video.

The sound was CD-quality in stereo with video that looked never DVD quality.

(Yes, there are admittedly more UMD movies out there than there are games for the system, but just you wait, the good games ARE coming! In the meantime, enjoy Time Bandits, Spidey 2, Tron, Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2, or any of the overpriced movie UMDs available for the PSP. The games WILL come later this fall...)

Unfortunately, I should have known better... It was a first-generation Sony system, and anybody that's owned a first-generation, first-production run Sony system knows they're not made to last long for this gaming life!

My first-day of North American release PS1 was also not long for the world. 18 months after I bought it, I had to replace its CD-ROM drive. 3-5 months later, it failed for good. I traded that system and 10 games for a Sega Dreamcast -- which STILL works to this day!

At leastt the PSP was still under warranty. Sony's sending me a replacement system in the mail! :twisted:

P.S. -- The system's symptoms indicating it was dying. A D-pad stuck in the "Up" position, malfunctioning system, boot-up, and the inability to exist from a game into the system menu options...

Yes, my PSP had an aneurysm that killed it! :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Plightyear » September 9th, 2005, 5:51 pm

Message deleted
Last edited by Plightyear on January 10th, 2007, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 10th, 2005, 2:35 am

Where should we send flowers to, George? :cry:

I never knew George's PSP. However, my DVD player and it were good friends.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 10th, 2005, 8:52 am

This is just getting sillier by the second.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » September 10th, 2005, 12:20 pm

What? No dead pixels?
bah.
The PSP offeres me nothing that I want. There are a few good games, but none them interest me enough to bother with it. I also don't need an "entertainment device". I want my portable system to play games. That's it. I don't need all that extra dvd etc stuff it has.

That's why I'm a gameboy guy.

Until the PSP starts coming out with games that are fun (Like... i dunno, porting the first three crash bandicoot games to it, or GASP Final Fantasy VII), i'm not gonna bother. Just like Xbox... The only fun game for me on there is Halo.

On another note, I'm suprised you have a working dreamcast. I'm jealous ;_; mine stopped working YEARS ago.

Good thing I was able to get Sonic Adventure DX for the gamecube :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » September 10th, 2005, 6:01 pm

GameBoy's good enough for me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 11th, 2005, 2:10 pm

Macaluso wrote:On another note, I'm suprised you have a working dreamcast. I'm jealous ;_; mine stopped working YEARS ago.
I have a Dreamcast. I even had a Genesis for a while there.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » September 11th, 2005, 11:44 pm

My genesis still works like new.

My super nintendo recently broke for whatever reason. that sucks SO much.

Dreamcast was interesting. Too bad it had to die. Power Stone kicked ass.