Dynomite comics brings thundercats, space ghost, cn 90s and more to comics again!

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Dynomite comics brings thundercats, space ghost, cn 90s and more to comics again!

Post by gaastra » October 14th, 2023, 10:22 pm

https://comicbookclublive.com/2023/10/1 ... -dynamite/

WB cartoons comics move from dc to Dynomite.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Dynomite comics brings thundercats, space ghost, cn 90s and more to comics again!

Post by Randall » October 14th, 2023, 10:36 pm

DynAmite. Honestly.

I'll be quite interested to see what they do with the Hanna-Barbera properties. DC had some awesome titles, and some weird takes, when they did the H-B comics.
Last edited by Randall on October 15th, 2023, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Dynomite comics brings thundercats, space ghost, cn 90s and more to comics again!

Post by EricJ » October 14th, 2023, 11:39 pm

Darn. I clicked thinking it was about Dynamite Magazine. :(

And H-B reportedly didn't like the CN-cliche'd snide-hipster take on Snagglepuss and The Flintstones DC was originally planning, so unless this is another under-the-radar thing, DC may have had to make a few creative concessions to get them back.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » October 15th, 2023, 4:33 am

By far, my favorite of DC's H-B titles was Future Quest, which united all of H-B's 1960s & 70s 'super-adventure' characters in one big story. :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 15th, 2023, 5:05 am

Okay, that sounds, and looks, absolutely awesome.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 15th, 2023, 9:42 am

Future Quest WAS awesome; one of those "we're not worthy!" books. The whole time, I was just amazed that it happened. It was like Alex Toth and Doug Wildey made a really cool baby together, and let Steve Rude and Doc Shaner raise it. (Oh, man - Shaner has Future Quest pages for sale! (https://docshaner.bigcartel.com/) And Flintstones was also quite remarkable - I love Mark Russell as a writer (just bought his recent Superman book he did with Allred). I loved his Snagglepuss, too, though that was a really weird take.

I imagine that Dynamite's versions will adhere to something somewhat closer to the original versions of the characters, compared to Wacky Raceland or Scooby Apocalypse. Can't wait to see what they come up with. I plan to look at their Darkwing Duck book, too, once it hits paperback. They're also doing a comic right now with Lion King's Scar. A few years ago, they had a whole great line featuring King Features heroes like Flash Gordon and the Phantom. They're like a modern-day Gold Key, though not publishing everything at once.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 15th, 2023, 11:24 am

Still looks awesome. ;)

May be past tense for you, but I never saw them, so it’s still something to look forward to! :)

I like the Gold Key analogy. It’s cool how "independents" can license and (occasionally) mix things up like that. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 15th, 2023, 3:25 pm

Randall wrote:
October 15th, 2023, 9:42 am
And Flintstones was also quite remarkable - I love Mark Russell as a writer (just bought his recent Superman book he did with Allred). I loved his Snagglepuss, too, though that was a really weird take.
Although those were digging up all the Millennial-hipster Cartoon Network passive-hostile cliche's from those who never watched the classic toons:
Like the idea that Snagglepuss was "gay" because he's pink and a ham actor (um, he's a cowardly lion, and from non-Oz bits of Bert Lahr I've heard on old radio, Daws Butler in the toons absolutely nailed Lahr's comedy rhythms), or that the animal-gadgets in The Flintstones were "slaves" (which they weren't, from their constant asides of "...It's a living.") :roll:

Basically another case of Warner having their own sockpuppet conversations between H-B, DC and Cartoon Network, and we know what to expect of the first two from the latter.