Official VIDEO GAMES discussion

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 8th, 2007, 6:27 pm

Bah, mines more informative! ;)
ShyViolet wrote:I did get Sonic Rush however, awesome graphics and speed! :)

(BTW did anyone see that new game coming out this year, Super Paper Mario?? :shock: Oh. My. G-d. )
Cool isn't!? :D Are you still on the first island?

Yup, it looks soooo different, but in a cool way!
ShyViolet wrote:Nah, unfortunately the games are NOT free, :(, they need quarters like any other machine. Some are 50cents each as well.
What a rip off! :( Thank goodness, you have your pink DS!
Last edited by Daniel on June 25th, 2007, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 8th, 2007, 9:48 pm

No, I've never played it. Is it any good? What system is it, X-Box?
Yeah, X-Box...It's pretty much my favorite game ever, even though I usually don't like shooters.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 10th, 2007, 11:56 pm

I still can't understand why this isn't available ANYWHERE..... :cry:

A new one on-line is.....*shudders* 130 American dollars!! :(

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001Z ... -8&seller=

How is this possible, with other GBA games going for so little??

So unfair. :(

Cool isn't!? Are you still on the first island?

Awesome, I've been meaning to get that to!

Yup, it looks soooo different, but in a cool way!
ShyViolet wrote:
Nah, unfortunately the games are NOT free, , they need quarters like any other machine. Some are 50cents each as well.
What a rip off! Thank goodness, you have your pink DS!
Yeah, LOVE my pink DS! :D

As Willy on the Simpsons said to his giant lawnmower: "Twe're not a violation of G-d's law, I"d make ye me wife!" (or husband :wink:)

Anyways, where were we again? Oh yeah! The worst thing is that the best arcade game there, Gorf, is broken! :( Loved playing that game, especially the voices!

"Bite the dust space cadet...ha ha ha...." (in weird Stephen Hawking-like robotic arcade voice. No offense, Stephen Hawking. :wink:)

Yeah Super Paper Mario....both 2d AND 3d at the same time....very heady!! :)

(As the review in Nintendo Power said, it's "5d"! :D )

Oh yeah, and about Sonic, I'm still pretty early in the game, up to the part where you have to fight Eggman and he's trying to crush you. :wink:
I think it's still the first island, with all the green vines right?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 12th, 2007, 4:23 am

ShyViolet wrote:A new one on-line is.....*shudders* 130 American dollars!! :(
Wow, that is a lot of money! I wonder why as well. :? Maybe because its old?
ShyViolet wrote:Anyways, where were we again? Oh yeah! The worst thing is that the best arcade game there, Gorf, is broken! :(
Aww, that's sad to hear. :( I hope it gets fixed soon!
ShyViolet wrote:Oh yeah, and about Sonic, I'm still pretty early in the game, up to the part where you have to fight Eggman and he's trying to crush you. :wink:
I think it's still the first island, with all the green vines right?
Dang, your slow! J/k ;)

Yeah, that's actually the last part in Zone 1. So... After you beat him, you'll be able to move on to Zone 2. Which, for a heads up, is a little harder, because it centers around water. Still fun, though!
Last edited by Daniel on June 25th, 2007, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 15th, 2007, 3:19 am

Wow, that is a lot of money! I wonder why as well. Confused

Maybe because its old?
Well, the GBA version came out in June 2004...it was very popular and sold quickly. But now NO ONE carries it!!

I actually tried to get it used on ebay, but was outbid at the last minute. :(

What a waste of time that was. :?

I think I'm just going to wait until I can get it new on Amazon (they have it used as well, but I'm not sure, if I'm going to pay that much I think I'd rather be sure it's working properly)

Bummer.....:(
Yeah, that's actually the last part in Zone 1. So... After you beat him, you'll be able to move on to Zone 2. Which, for a heads up, is a little harder, because it centers around water. But its still fun! Wink
That sounds ridiculously cool! :) I'll have to get back to Sonic ASAP. To make up for not getting Mario 1 I got Super Mario World instead, (it was cheap, relatively) am having a ball!!!! :D

I think I'm addicted to video games! :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 18th, 2007, 10:05 pm

Oh, I see. Sad that you weren't able to get it from ebay, though. :(

Dumping Sonic for Mario, Vi? Not cool. ;)
Last edited by Daniel on June 25th, 2007, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 23rd, 2007, 2:09 am

Dumping Sonic for Mario, Vi? Not cool. Wink
Hey, Mario OWNS Sonic. J/K :wink: :) :twisted:

:wink:

Also, has anyone heard that there's going to be a new Kingdom Hearts coming out?

Starring:

Mickey, Sora, and......Mario!!! :D

(It's only for Wii though....:()

EDIT:

Well, this was the article I read in EGMl:

No one is quite sure whether or not it's a prank....(Wik says that it "has not been determined)

I think it's real! :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... hearts.jpg
Last edited by ShyViolet on March 24th, 2007, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 24th, 2007, 11:05 am

Everyone wants a Wii! :)

(I do too, to be honest. :wink:)

But no one can find them!! AHHHHH!! :)

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/22271/ ... cy-roundup

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 29th, 2007, 3:56 am

Mario = Sonic. Well, for me anyway. :)

Ooh, I hope that Kingdom Hearts rumor is true. And than maybe, just maybe, a DS debute!!! Lets hope, Vi! :D

Interesting.... I'm really tempted to get a Wii, but I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon. To much money! :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 30th, 2007, 11:29 pm

Ooh, I hope that Kingdom Hearts rumor is true. And than maybe, just maybe, a DS debute!!! Lets hope, Vi!
Yeah, that would be incredible....:) *sighs*
Interesting.... I'm really tempted to get a Wii, but I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon. To much money!
Same here Dan. All those new games and controller look awesome, but it's just too expensive right now. Anyway, I am very much a "portable girl." :P

PSP, here I come!! :)

(Well, eventually..... :?)

Plus, from what I understand a lot of the new Wii games haven't been reviewed all that well in gamer magazines. (The new Sonic, for one.) The platform and technique is still very new, so they'll probably work out the kinks eventually. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 2nd, 2007, 10:46 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Same here Dan. All those new games and controller look awesome, but it's just too expensive right now. Anyway, I am very much a "portable girl." :P
Yeah, if the machine wasn't enough, each game costs like 50+ $! That's a lot, compared to our DS games!
ShyViolet wrote:Plus, from what I understand a lot of the new Wii games haven't been reviewed all that well in gamer magazines. (The new Sonic, for one.) The platform and technique is still very new, so they'll probably work out the kinks eventually. :)
Aww, really? That stinks. :( The commercial for "Sonic Rings" made it look so cool! Ah, but like you said, they'll improve over time!

Btw, I finally got Yoshi's Island DS! :D Simple graphics, but its so much fun!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 3rd, 2007, 3:44 am

Yeah, if the machine wasn't enough, each game costs like 50+ $! That's a lot, compared to our DS games!
Exactly. :(

The best thing is to get Game Boy Advance games 'cause GBA is getting phased out--you can sometimes get'em for like 15 or 20 dollars (EB Games and GameStop often have them used, even for less.)

Brand-new DS games are like $35 there, but about 30$ at Wal-Mart, average.
Btw, I finally got Yoshi's Island DS! Simple graphics, but its so much fun!
Hey, all right Dan!! :D Glad you're having a good time! :wink:

I have yet to get that one myself--still on a quest to get Super Mario '85....:?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 3rd, 2007, 2:18 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
I have yet to get that one myself--still on a quest to get Super Mario '85....:?
You know, if you get a Wii (which I might this summer), you can download a lot of the older games for a fee (not too much though. The most expensive games on there are $10 and most are less than that). They're slowly but surely adding games from NES, Super NES, N64, Sega Genesis and TurboGraphX 16. Best of all, you only have to pay for a game once. If you run out of space on the system's hard drive and have to delete a game to get another one, you can download it again later at no cost. That's one of several reasons the Wii is looking very good to my eyes.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 3rd, 2007, 3:46 pm

Yeah, I THINK I heard about this....

Interesting...thanks for the advice, eddie! :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » April 3rd, 2007, 4:01 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Yeah, I THINK I heard about this....

Interesting...thanks for the advice, eddie! :)

Psstt...

Big Internet "secret."

Many of those games coming out on the Wii Virtual Console are already available on the Net for free download on your PC or Mac!

It's cheaper just to buy a USB controller for your computer and look up the emulators and ROMs than to pay Nintendo YET AGAIN for ROMs that should be priced a lot cheaper than they are now.