Official VIDEO GAMES discussion

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 9th, 2006, 12:27 am

Though, I am interested in the Wii, it looks so cool
I think it looks cool too! Especially that new Zelda update game...:)

Oh yeah I forgot to say that in Ithaca JK was asked about DreamWorks and gaming and that he replied that although he's "not that big a gamer"
he has played some of the "new Nintendo system" or Wii games and that he liked them a lot! :) He endorsed Wii by saying "Look for that one, that's going to be awesome,"or something like that.

He also mentioned that Wii is coming out with a Shrek-based game.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 9th, 2006, 2:05 pm

I'm so <I>totally</I> not a gamer at all, but the Wii looks great. I think that's their niche - that they're marketing to people who don't play games, but that what they have just happens to be enticing core gamers too.

It's like games have gotten bigger and more and more over the top/complicated/noisy/violent and someone says: "hey, what would happen if we bascially re-introduced something as simple as an Atari 2600?"

And they're finding that, just like the first time, it's a hit!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 9th, 2006, 11:18 pm

It's like games have gotten bigger and more and more over the top/complicated/noisy/violent and someone says: "hey, what would happen if we bascially re-introduced something as simple as an Atari 2600?"
I like the simpler games too (that's why I like Nintendo DS the best. :) )

They have cute, family-orientated type stuff that's challenging as well, like the Mario Bros. games.

For a while, I also downloaded old Atari games onto my cell like Q-Bert, Galaga, Pac-Man, and Dig-Dug. I enjoyed them a lot. They just charge you a lot for them however...:( That's why I decided to just get a game system of my own.

I'm not really that into Grand Theft Auto-Sims-Godfather-Sopranos type stuff either. It might be good but seems too complicated and too much bother for something that's supposed to be "fun." :roll:

I bet when Atari first came out no one ever suspected video games would one day have "ratings" just like films! :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 20th, 2006, 12:57 am

ShyViolet wrote:They have cute, family-orientated type stuff that's challenging as well, like the Mario Bros. games.
Have you heard of Yoshi's Island DS ? It looks really cute and fun!
ShyViolet wrote:For a while, I also downloaded old Atari games onto my cell like Q-Bert, Galaga, Pac-Man, and Dig-Dug. I enjoyed them a lot. They just charge you a lot for them however...:( That's why I decided to just get a game system of my own.
Me to! But I only got Pac-man and Tetris, and boy, did those cost a pretty penny.

Not to mention, they guzzled the battery life a lot. :(
Last edited by Daniel on June 25th, 2007, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 20th, 2006, 2:00 am

Have you heard of Yoshi's Island DS ? It looks really cute and fun (I hope I get for x-mas! )
Yes I have! :) I was thinking about getting it sometime in the future. I love those baby lizards! :)
Me to! But I only got Pac-man, and Tetris, and boy, did those cost a pretty penny.

Not to mention they guzzled the battery life a lot
Oh yeah...don't remind me...you don't want to know how many games I got and how much money I wasted...:( :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 20th, 2006, 5:14 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I was thinking about getting it sometime in the future. I love those baby lizards! :)
Yeah, me to! I'll let you know if/when I get it. ;)
Oh yeah...don't remind me...you don't want to know how many games I got and how much money I wasted...:( :oops:
Ok, I won't. Even though you've made me more curious. :P
Last edited by Daniel on June 25th, 2007, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 21st, 2006, 4:04 am

Even though you've made me more curious
Well, there was:

Pac-Man, Tetris, Ms. Pac-Man, Dig-Dug, Kingdom Hearts 3d, Brothers In Arms 3d, Bowling 3d, Alien vs. Predater 3d, Frogger, Contra, Wonder Boy, Paperboy, Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe 3d....

:P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 22nd, 2006, 10:46 pm

Is that all? J/k :)

My, that is a lot Vi! Heh, now you need to get the Ds versions of those games, right? ;)........

At least Pac-Man :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 26th, 2006, 11:41 am

Yeah Pac-Man would be nice, but what I really wanted was Kingdom Hearts--but it doesn't come in DS!!! :( :(

I'd have to go PSP for that... :? I played a simplified (but still cool-looking) version of it on my cell, sometimes it took me ages to find a solution to something but it was a lot of fun...

It looks more like a movie than a game, the real one that is.

I loved making Sora swim and jump! :) Fighting was VERY awkward however, and one reason why the game wasn't so good...that's the main reason I'm intrerested in PSP. Not really those other games....:wink:

Here's what KH looks like on a cell:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_vie ... =undefined

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 27th, 2006, 4:09 pm

Kingdom Hearts? That game with all the Disney characters? That game looks so cool! :) Its sad that's its not for the DS though, maybe one day Vi! You never know ;)

Wow, that's from a cell phone? That's pretty good quality :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 27th, 2006, 6:39 pm

We got an X-Box 360 for Christmas this year, along with a free trial of X-Box Live. It's SO fun (XBox Live, I mean) - you get to play and talk with people all over the world! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 28th, 2006, 9:54 am

Meg that is the cutest :D sig ever!!! AHHH Kermit!! :) :P

Yeah, it was really cool to have KH on my phone like that but they charged for airtime... :? :( It was fun though.

BTW, did you know you can buy the original Super Mario Bros. game for Game Boy Advance (which means the DS can play it! :) I definetely want that game as well as the other Marios eventually. :wink:

Here's a clip of SM Bros. 1, with some really messed up versions of the minus world (the "alternate reality" glitch where Mario can go down a pipe into -1 world.... :shock: )

*profanity on forum however.

It's technically the Mario game used in Japan so the minus worlds have all that weird stuff, unlike the American one which is just 2-2 repeated.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 28th, 2006, 10:12 am

Its sad that's its not for the DS though, maybe one day Vi! You never know
Yeah I know that would rule! :) Actually I heard they made a version for Game Boy Advance (which technically means the DS could play it) BUT it's a completely different kind of game where everything is very small and not three-dimensional...nothing like the PlayStation one. :( :(

Bummer.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 29th, 2006, 3:32 pm

That's so cool Meg! I heard great things about X-box live. I bet your addicted huh? ;)

Yeah, I knew about the backwords capability thing, which is so convenient! Everywhere I go, places are selling them 'cheap' so I'm now stocking up! :) (I'll definetly try, and get some Marios ;))

Still, if they made one for GB, why not DS? Never give up Vi :P and if they do, lets hope for a three dimmensional version. Unlike the GB version, which sounds cheap.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 29th, 2006, 6:28 pm

That's so cool Meg! I heard great things about X-box live. I bet your addicted huh?
I would be, but my brother and sister hog it.:roll: :P