Official VIDEO GAMES discussion

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 5th, 2008, 3:35 pm

Oh,I think I see your point,anyway I also hope that it helps :D.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 14th, 2008, 5:10 pm

I get sick of the talk about bad license titles, so here's news of a possible retro-license appearance --

http://kotaku.com/5062662/esrb-rates-ma ... or-360-ps3

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is being revived for XBox 360 XBLA and PlayStation 3 PSN. It's going to be reprogrammed for the two consoles and feature online play as well as (I suspect) upgraded, high-definition like most other Capcom titles have been re-released on XBLA and PSN.

No word on the the cost of the download (it won't be released on DVD I'm afraid) so keep enough hard drive space open for a download!

It goes without saying you'll need an account depending on the system (s) you own and high-speed Internet access.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 19th, 2008, 1:57 pm

The PS2 version of Spider-Man-Web Of Shadows is awful,it's so bad I wonder if I should e-mail Activision about this :? insted of porting the Wii version which is the same they made this awful thing that looks like something from 1990,the DS version looks MUCH better (According to the review is the same as the Spider-Man 3 game,the DS version is the best,cheap PS2/PSP/Wii versions and good but not good as Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man PS3/PC/XBox 360 version).
I also played Shrek Carnival Craze and all those Shrek games that aren't based on the films themselfs but about the Shrek universe are starting to look all the same and it's getting bad,they look the same just with different gameplay,sometimes it's a fighting game,racing game and carinival mini games.
And the Madagascar Espcape 2 Africa game is a remake of the first Madagascar game but I think this game is better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 22nd, 2008, 12:36 am

Is "Shrek Carnival Craze" fun? I have "Shrek Smash 'N' Crash Racing" for the PS2 and really enjoy it. The controls take some getting used to, but it's fun. :)

On Web of Shadows, I hear you! I've heard nothing but bad things about it. I think what's causing most of the complaints is that the commercials/previews showed only PS3 and Xbox footage, which as you've seen is not how the PS2 version is. I saw some some footage on Youtube and it really is bad. No free-roaming, only side scrolling and going up and down. It looks awful in comparison! Well, I'm not getting it obviously, though I do want the PS3 version eventually; I've heard some complaints, but nothing as bad as the PS2 etc.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 22nd, 2008, 7:07 am

Well,it feels like a Wii game,espically the contorls (You need for exmaple to press R1 and L1 isnted of let's say X and Circle),some mini games (Like the Raounzel's hair climbing,the Dronkeys race,the more) and in some I have no idea what to do (Like the bag race),I liked Shrek The Third better,Smash N Crash Racing is fun thought I can't win the races,the cutscenes have ugly animation (Shrek and Fiona for exmaple looks creepy),I think that the is a sorta boring thought there some fun mini games,I really liked Shrek The Third,the Shrek 2 game is also good :D.
Yeah,Web Of Shadows is one of the worst PS2 game I"ve played,it made me realize how good the PS2 version of Spider-Man 3 is,the gameplay is like this-You go up and down and many times need to kill enemies to get forward and most of the game other character talk to Spidey and people he meets in the levels that while talking with them that most of them want to send him to a task that you don't have to do most of them,you can choose either to answer rudely or nicely and get red point or black point ,some of them are insanely dumb (Like someone whould send Spidey to rescue his pegions that Symbiotes wants to eat,another person tells him that he got locked up in the sewer and he talks to rats) and you can summon other characters like Wolverine,Black Cat and more (The only summons that I don't have yet are Big Wheel and Wolverine),this game is awful.
Yeah,you should really get the PS3 version,I saw videos on YouTube (The Symbiote Black Cat fight looks really fun). and looks much better and fun,it reminds me of Ultimate Spider-Man,I think I whould have lots of fun with it,I also keep hearing that the DS verion is the best version and only good things about it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 22nd, 2008, 2:03 pm

That's weired about the controls for Carnival Craze. Do you use only the L and R buttons?

I actually really enjoy Shrek the Third - the game. My favorite character is Rapunzal. I just dig being able to fight as her and doing her special kissing attack.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » November 22nd, 2008, 2:11 pm

I got a fake Nintendo from one of friends with 180 games in 1, but there is only five games that includes a pirated Mario.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 23rd, 2008, 9:27 am

What do you mean fake Nintendo?.
I once got a fake Aladdin GBA game (That the game is actually a pirated game,not a real game),I saw a Harry Potter game like this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » November 23rd, 2008, 10:14 am

Anyone remember the video game Conker's Bad fur day? I cant belive there's no sequel to that awesome game.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » November 23rd, 2008, 1:34 pm

Once Upon - I think he means an emulator. It can be a system jam packed with Nintendo games but isn't licensed by Nintendo. It's illegal.

Darkblade - I'm asking for Conker's Bad Fur Day for Christmas!

There were some follow-ups.

Conker's Pocket Tales is on the GameBoy/GameBoy Color - it's a sequel.
Conker: Live & Reloaded is on the XBox, it's a re-make with updated graphics and a new multiplayer mode.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 23rd, 2008, 4:02 pm

Oh,I thought he means some pirated,fake,rip-off games like that Aladdin GBA game I once get (you can see many of them on YouTube).
And it's Once Upon A Dream :),or OUAD,or Once :wink:.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » November 23rd, 2008, 4:45 pm

Okay, I'll keep that in mind.

Yes, once I ordered a Spyro game on eBay and it was for the GameBoy Advance. It was pirated. The cartridge said "Nintondo".
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » November 23rd, 2008, 8:19 pm

I hope Bad fur day makes it to the VC{If that happens Nintendo, Rare, and Microsoft have to talk things over}

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » November 23rd, 2008, 10:44 pm

It won't. If Banjo didn't, and Microsoft cut all Nintendo references from Banjo on the XBLA, then Conker won't either.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » November 24th, 2008, 6:24 pm

Ah crud...I might as well get live and reloaded then :(