Official VIDEO GAMES discussion

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 23rd, 2006, 2:30 pm

Ben wrote:You know that's the one you want... ;)
Haha, Ben, no its not! :lol: I'm perfectly happy with my white version. But.... if I was a girl, I would so want the pink edition.
Last edited by Daniel on June 25th, 2007, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 23rd, 2006, 10:30 pm

but I'm a boy, it wouldn't look to masculane for me to have one

I personally think boys should buy whatever color they want. It shouldn't matter. After all a girl can buy a blue or black one and no one cares. But I know that that's our societal expectations so.... :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 24th, 2006, 3:00 pm

At my school, boys think pink is cool. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 24th, 2006, 4:28 pm

You mean the DS or the actual color? :wink: :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 24th, 2006, 8:08 pm

I'm fairly certain Meg means the color, but I could be wrong.
Last edited by Daniel on June 25th, 2007, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 26th, 2006, 4:31 pm

I'm talkin' 'bout the color, yo!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 26th, 2006, 7:08 pm

That makes me correct than, woot! Weired though, boys liking the color pink.

What's next? Boys carrying around pink ipods. :? If they aren't already. :roll:
Last edited by Daniel on June 25th, 2007, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2006, 3:36 pm

"I like pink very much, Lois" ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 29th, 2006, 5:52 pm

Daniel Jake wrote:What's next? Boys carrying around pink ipods :? If they aren't already :roll:
Hey, girls wear blue a lot, and no one seems to have a problem with that. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 29th, 2006, 8:42 pm

"I like pink very much, Lois" Wink
You have to buy "Comic Book Guy's Guide to Pop Culture". He mentions this quote as one of the "Best. Quotes. Ever." in movie history! :)

He also lists: "Be afraid. Be very afraid." (The Fly, 1986) and "I have a bad feeling about this." from Star Wars. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 29th, 2006, 8:54 pm

Meg wrote: Hey, girls wear blue a lot, and no one seems to have a problem with that. :wink:
Double standards! :P I personaly wouldn't care, but if a boy dresses in pink, its just a little odd. Than again, it depends on what shade of pink, and how much of it.
Last edited by Daniel on June 25th, 2007, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 29th, 2006, 9:14 pm

I personaly wouldn't care, but if a boy dresses in pink its just a little odd. Than again, it depends on what shade of pink, and how much of it.

Hey, remember that Simpsons episode (kind of an old one) where Homer gets institutionalized because Bart throws his red hat into the laundry and it dyes Homer's white shirt pink? Guess guys with pink shirts really do get judged harshly! :roll: (that's the Michael Jackson episode, with the birthday song to Lisa.)

Also, I think that episode of South Park where Cartman's hand turns into another J. Lo, who falls in love with Ben Affleck (don't ask!), and then to some older guy no one heard of, and then back to his hand (with all of this ending on a highway bridge) is a direct reference to that Simpsons episode. "Simpsons did it!" Because the white guy who talks like Michael Jackson turns out to be someone else entirely, and older white man with a gruff voice. (just like in South Park) :roll: Also I think that the episode ends on a bridge/highway just like SP did! Did everyone, um, follow that? :wink:

They have respect for Simpsons and reference them in creative and interesting ways, WITHOUT merely ripping them off like some people do. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 29th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Of course I remember that episode of the Simpsons it's me silly :wink:

That's one way of looking at it, but its kinda true.

Everything else you said, kind of lossed me :? I got 'the simpsons did it' loved the episode. I probably don't understand because I haven't seen the SP episode in a long time, so maybe that's why :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 29th, 2006, 10:57 pm

I didn't specifically mean the "Simpsons did it" episode, sorry if it was confusing. Actually I just meant that it reminded me of that. :wink:

This is from Wikepedia:
Everyone (except the boys) starts to argue about Ms. Lopez. Ms. Lopez screams for everyone to be quiet. She then makes a confession: she is not Jennifer Lopez; she is...Mitch Connor.

Mitch Connor is a con man who has been moving around from town to town. His voice is different from Ms. Lopez's, and he has no hair, unlike Ms. Lopez. He apologizes to Ben for playing around with Ben's love. But it will all be over soon; Mitch has recently consumed a cyanide pil
And the Simpsons ep:

Marge comes to visit Homer and convinces his doctors that Bart is the primary cause of Homer's problems. Homer gets the official certificate that says he is not insane. Homer calls and tells Bart that he is bringing Michael Jackson to stay for a few days. Bart lets the word out and all of Springfield turns out to see Michael Jackson. All the town's excitement is deflated when the faux Michael is revealed by Homer. Lisa becomes enraged when she realizes that Bart has yet again failed to acknowledge her birthday. Bart and "Michael" write a song specifically for Lisa's birthday that wins Lisa over. At the same time, Michael regains his confidence and tells the Simpsons that he is Leon Kompowsky, a native of Paterson, New Jersey. He explains that he does his Michael voice due to the fact he felt angry for the majority of his life and that he earned people's respect when he did the vocal impersonation.
I don't know, maybe it's stretching it, but I'm pretty sure BOTH episodes end up on some sort of highway embankment. I guess I could be wrong, but....

:wink:

Oh, and this is kinda interesting:
Jennifer Lopez apparently did not appreciate her South Park counterpart in this episode. While at an Academy Awards party, Ms. Lopez shoved Matt Stone abruptly and walked away.

:shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 29th, 2006, 11:36 pm

No problem, Vi.

I see what your talking about, and in a way, they do both end the same way. Which is what you were implying right? Than yes, I do see a connection! :shock:
Last edited by Daniel on June 25th, 2007, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.