RIP, VHS

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 29th, 2006, 11:06 pm

I thought I wrote a reply to your VHS camera post - don't you realise how heavy those things were!!??
I can imagine--especially with the tape deck/pack-portable VCR (or whatever that was) AND the camera. :roll:

I like how it says: "It focuses and adjusts for light all by itself!! Wow, how advanced! :roll:

Another thing that cracks me up is how when she puts the tape in the VCR and plays it, they say: "Image simulated"--not even the real picture! What a gyp! For all you know it could have horrible on-screen quality/resolution. I suppose back then you just had to "take their word"? :roll:

That commercial had a real Flashdance vibe to it. Maybe because it was released that year, or was it the year before?

Now all we have to do is pull out a cellphone that fits in your pocket! :o

I love old vintage stuff like this. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 29th, 2006, 11:50 pm

Flashdance caught up a craze. You wouldn;'t remember it, but that was the in fashion and eveyone was like that.

Jane Fonda started it with her workout tapes in the very early 80s.

And...wow...calling that "vintage" - makes me feel, um... vintage myself! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 30th, 2006, 9:13 pm

And...wow...calling that "vintage" - makes me feel, um... vintage myself!
Don't sweat it Ben! :) Actually I just meant that the technology was old and outdated, but not the decade itself.

Last summer I watched In Living Color on BET with some housemates and none of them remembered it--I had to explain that was Jim Carrey, you know, before he became a big star. :roll: :?

And with all these girls liking Johnny Depp nowadays; and I can still remember when he was a teen idol on 21 Jump Street who suddenly got a break in Edward Scissorhands; some of the people who buy the 21 Jump Street DVD set nowadays weren't even born when it was on......:?

Flashdance caught up a craze. You wouldn;'t remember it, but that was the in fashion and eveyone was like that.

Jane Fonda started it with her workout tapes in the very early 80s.
Oh yeah. There was also Fame or something right? I vagely remember the short-lived TV show....
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!