Tortoise and the Hare?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 28th, 2006, 10:53 pm

I agree. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 29th, 2006, 2:58 pm

I actually wonder if it might have made more money with the better title?

Curse Of The Were-Rabbit doesn't really do anything for anyone.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 1st, 2006, 3:10 am

Yeah...."The Great Vegetable plot" sounds sooooo cute. :wink: I mean no one knows WHAT a Were-Rabbit is...:roll: (unless you see the film of course)

And in my opinion, adding the word "Curse" to a movie title aimed largely for kids has got to be the worst thing you can do. Parents see the word "curse" in a title...they're not gonna want to expose their little ones to it, animated or not.

Interesting, "Flushed Away" seems to have the same city mouse/country mouse theme as Madagascar. (Or Cars, come to think of it.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 1st, 2006, 4:52 am

And the same rat-city version of a city as SharkTale did for fish...

Yeah, putting "Curse" in the title is, like, some kind of "curse" or something! :)

Curse Of The Pink Panther, Charlie Chan And The Curse Of The Dragon Queen - they bombed big time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 1st, 2006, 6:55 am

And just plain "Cursed" with Christina Ricci. :wink:

(Well, there is "Curse of the Black Pearl" but that was only the second part of the title, the first being Pirates of the Carribean, which is what most people thought of it as. "Pirates 2")

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 2nd, 2006, 6:21 pm

Yah. On both.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 8th, 2006, 10:08 pm

I know this is sort of the wrong thread, but I'm glad that Flushed Away is getting some positive buzz.

If it does well, maybe Tortoise and the Hare (which I think was also meant to be a collaberation) will go back into production. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 9th, 2006, 11:42 am

That would be nice!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 18th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Here's what Tortoise and the Hare was originally planned to be: (from a five-year-old interview with Katzenberg)
After that is the CG-animated movie Tusker, an action-comedy in development, very much inspired by that kind of WWII, impossible-mission gang story. Wonderful cast for it: Morgan Freeman, Jodie Foster, Garry Shandling, Bruno Kirby, Dana Carvey — a real fun cast for that. And then the next one after that'll be from Aardman Animation. They're doing The Tortoise and the Hare. It's actually a mockumentary [laughter all around] in which we're going to go back and see how the Tortoise came to race the Hare, meet them as children and growing up, and see their friends, and meet their moms, and all of that stuff.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 5th, 2006, 2:59 am

This whole thing just bites! :cry:

I guess this also will never get made:

http://www.animationmagazine.net/articl ... le_id=3950

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 5th, 2006, 7:21 am

Yep, as I mentioned in the other thread and on the main page. Chin up, Vi. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 5th, 2006, 1:03 pm

:)

Also, I can't help wondering if Tortoise having "story problems" wasn't caused by this rift. Even though I didn't want to believe it, I've always suspected as much. :?

Yep, as I mentioned in the other thread and on the main page.
I know. :) I just wanted to emphasize it! :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 9th, 2006, 5:25 pm

If Flushed Away gets nominated for Best Animated Film, then wins it, I wonder what Nick Parks (or whomever) will say when he comes up to accept the award! :)

"Just wanted to thank DW and say....see ya around!" :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2006, 3:25 pm

But it won't win, will it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 10th, 2006, 11:05 pm

I doubt it will. It just looks too....wacky, and I doubt ANY FILM involving a character being flushed down a toilet, even if it's part Aardman, could have a chance of an Academy Award.

Personally, I think Over the Hedge has a much better chance. Yes, not as many people saw it as Cars, but as Barrier's column said in the other thread, that film has its own problems. :wink: :roll: