Worst animated character ever?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 27th, 2008, 7:26 am

Foxtale wrote: I loved Thumbelina when I was little. I still love it now but watching it now that I am older it makes me sad. I wish that I could just go back in time and tweak the movie to make it awesome. Thumbelina really didn't have any personality, and what little she had was taken away due to inconsistency in her character. Also the whole omg I met my true love in like 5 seconds thing is what Enchanted pokes fun at exactly. *sighs* still a childhood favorite and I love the animation for it and Jodi's voice ^.^
The only good things about this movie are Let Me Be Your Wings and Jodi's voice that's all.
Her love to Cornelious was pretty lame,i like love in first sighn (and about Enchanted-i just think that Giselle thought Edward was the prince from her dream (which was really Robert) and Edward looked for a "fair maiden" and found a singing babe,it wasn't even love) but but their love was just lame,he borke into her house and they flew on a bug,how romantic (it was also his fault that the toad kidnapped her),she almost merried a mole if she didn't remembered her promise,and i agree about Tumbelina have no personality,she was just kidnapped all the time and her the only little part of her parsonality was gone while her little journey.
I used to like this film when i was 6 years old,now i can't stand it.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 28th, 2008, 5:41 am

Can I ask why? Just curious, because some of my friends share your opinion and one of there reasons is his laugh; which I'm able to impersonate quite well, to their dismay. Wink
Sorry, I never saw your question about Family Guy, Dan! :? :oops: Anyways, yeah, for a long time I did find him grating, (I guess his voice but a lot of it was his personality) but now I actually think he's pretty funny. I've mostly changed my mind about that show since writing that. :wink:

Also, I bet you do a good Peter laugh! :)
,and i agree about Tumbelina have no personality,she was just kidnapped all the time and her the only little part of her parsonality was gone while her little journey.
Despite her character being underwritten, I still think Jody Benson did a great job! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 28th, 2008, 8:01 am

ShyViolet wrote:
,and i agree about Tumbelina have no personality,she was just kidnapped all the time and her the only little part of her parsonality was gone while her little journey.
Despite her character being underwritten, I still think Jody Benson did a great job! :)
I agree about,Jodi and Let Me Be Your Wings are the only good things about this movie in my opinion.
By the way,ShyVoilet-can you read Hebrew? or speak? or did you allready got used to English?.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 28th, 2008, 11:45 am

Hands down, the worst animated character (worse than baby huey even) has to be Casper the ghost. I can't stand those cartoons, they're always so moronically written. The tv show spun off from the movie wasn't so bad, I kinda liked it, but the original shorts should be gathered up and incinerated.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 28th, 2008, 4:28 pm

By the way,ShyVoilet-can you read Hebrew? or speak? or did you allready got used to English?.
I can speak enough to get along....understand pretty well. I can also read to an extent (studied it in college after having forgotten some). Writing....here and there. It's hard when you don't have much of an opportunity to use it.

Hands down, the worst animated character (worse than baby huey even) has to be Casper the ghost. I can't stand those cartoons, they're always so moronically written. The tv show spun off from the movie wasn't so bad, I kinda liked it, but the original shorts should be gathered up and incinerated.
I admit I don't quite remember much about Casper (I keep mixing him up with Richie Rich :P) but.....worse than baby Huey?? That's harsh! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 28th, 2008, 5:17 pm

ShyViolet wrote:[ I admit I don't quite remember much about Casper (I keep mixing him up with Richie Rich :P)
Well, Bart & Lisa Simpson did notice an unsettling resemblance when wondering about Casper's earthly origins. ;)
("Maybe Richie tired of his materialistic existence...")
but.....worse than baby Huey?? That's harsh! :wink:
50's Paramount cartoons frighten me. :shock:
It's even worse when you take into account their Fleischer-Popeye roots, but there seems to be this Asperger's-Syndrome disconnection with what normal cartoon fans consider "funny"--
Not a complete disconnected break like the Terrytoon "Mighty Mouse"'s, but more of an unfamiliar attempt to try and imitate what fans are laughing at in other cartoons. That doesn't sound logical.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 28th, 2008, 10:04 pm

Well, Bart & Lisa Simpson did notice an unsettling resemblance when wondering about Casper's earthly origins. Wink
("Maybe Richie tired of his materialistic existence...")

Yes, that's what I was thinking of too! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 29th, 2008, 12:29 am

ShyViolet wrote:
I can speak enough to get along....understand pretty well. I can also read to an extent (studied it in college after having forgotten some). Writing....here and there. It's hard when you don't have much of an opportunity to use it.
Ah,that's nice :D,i see why it's hard,so...
מה שלומך? :D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 29th, 2008, 9:13 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Anyways, yeah, for a long time I did find him grating, (I guess his voice but a lot of it was his personality) but now I actually think he's pretty funny. I've mostly changed my mind about that show since writing that. :wink:
Ah, gotcha. Nice to know you've come around a little more on Peter and the show in general. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 29th, 2008, 10:47 pm

Yeah, it's a fun show. (sometimes. :P :wink: ) One of my fave Peter schemes is when he remodles his house into Pee-Wee's playhouse! :)

מה שלומך? Very Happy.

Beseder, toda! :wink:

Really cool to talk with you Once, but maybe we should move this convo to a private message so the thread doesn't go off topic. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 30th, 2008, 3:11 am

Okay :D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 30th, 2008, 3:34 am

This reminds me of the time when we're talking in french. Good times, good times. ;)

Another worst character... eh, Cookie Kwan from The Simpsons. Y'know, "number one on the westside - stay off the westside!". She's lame, and too mean.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 30th, 2008, 5:36 am

Daniel wrote:This reminds me of the time when we're talking in french. Good times, good times. ;)

Another worst character... eh, Cookie Kwan from The Simpsons. Y'know, "number one on the westside - stay off the westside!". She's lame, and too mean.
You speak French? :D.
Who is he?.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 30th, 2008, 2:53 pm

She. Here's her Wiki.

Nah, it's something ShyViolet and Meg might remember.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 30th, 2008, 9:53 pm

Yes, I remember! :) You guys fooled me! :P