The Underrated animated movies of the '90's

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 4th, 2006, 9:08 pm

Other movies I loved as a kid: We're Back,

I loved We're Back as well. I kinda wish Spielberg had gotten more involved with animation in DW and all, since he did it before with American Tail what have you, but maybe he just didn't have the time.

Also, I read that when he was doing Land Before Time with Bluth and everything he basically considered animated films to be a children's medium, which might be why that film was so "tame." (over ten minutes of intense, somewhat frightening scenes were cut, much to Don Bluth's chagrin.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » August 6th, 2006, 6:24 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
Other movies I loved as a kid: We're Back,

I loved We're Back as well. I kinda wish Spielberg had gotten more involved with animation in DW and all, since he did it before with American Tail what have you, but maybe he just didn't have the time.

Also, I read that when he was doing Land Before Time with Bluth and everything he basically considered animated films to be a children's medium, which might be why that film was so "tame." (over ten minutes of intense, somewhat frightening scenes were cut, much to Don Bluth's chagrin.)
Spielberg has never really been dedicated to making animated films. They all felt like rushed, half baked, Disney knock offs. Wich is far below his standards.