First DVD

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 1st, 2006, 3:20 pm

I would've guessed it was For the Birds.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » March 1st, 2006, 3:55 pm

Christian wrote:I would've guessed it was For the Birds.
well, that's obviously my favorite short! Pixars makes the coolest short films. For the Birds is classic.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 1st, 2006, 5:26 pm

Do I need to say (see above firsts in VHS, LD and, come to think of it, something I also picked up on Super 8mm home movie film!)?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » March 1st, 2006, 5:49 pm

Ben wrote:Do I need to say (see above firsts in VHS, LD and, come to think of it, something I also picked up on Super 8mm home movie film!)?
Superman maybe? :P looking forward to the new Superman Returns? I'm really hoping it's good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 1st, 2006, 8:03 pm

Looking forward to Superman Returns AND the real Superman II.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 2nd, 2006, 8:15 am

OMG! I am looking forward to the Donner Superman II probably more than Returns.

Was at dinner with some folks the other night and one of the guys there said about the 14-disc box set and that just set me off and I told him about the production probs. He was pretty jazzed up.

Imagine - a brand new Superman film with Chris Reeve and Marlon Brando, directed by the man who made the first and best??? C'mon!!!

VERY, very much looking forward to Returns though The one thing that has put me off is the swimwear-model costume, but I'm slowly getting over it.

Apart from that... I'm starting to shoot a new TV show in a month or so, and I actually have it written into my contract that, wherever we are on location or back at the studio base, I am allowed to have June 30 (or whatever day it opens in England) off to see Returns!

The producer laughed at first and I said "I'm serious! I wouldn't be doing this now if I hadn't seen the original when I was a kid!". So they agreed...talk about dedication!

We also get two weeks off at Christmas, so guess which 14-disc set I'll be goring through one day at a time... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » March 2nd, 2006, 8:51 am

lol, that's awesome. I saw a trailer for the Superman Returns videogame somewhere online... looked pretty good. I hope the movie can live up to all the expectations.