The Ring 3

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Ring 3

Post by ShyViolet » April 13th, 2006, 11:34 pm

Is there any chance of another Ring movie being produced? I think way back when they were planning for another sequel. What happened?

I thought the 2nd movie stunk, but I loved the first. If Gore Verbinski takes a break from directing Pirates of the Carribean and comes back, I would be soooo happy! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 15th, 2006, 4:42 pm

Not gonna happen, I'm afraid. Box office on the second one, ironically directed by the Japanese director of the original "Ringu", were lower than expected.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 15th, 2006, 6:45 pm

Oh, dang. :( Well, I guess it's hard to take a movie seriously after the last version had THE WORST dialouge I've ever heard. "Listen to your baby...be a good mother!" (Kill your son to get rid of the evil spirit. When did this become "the Excorcist"?)

Thanks a lot Mr. Nakata, for screwing up your own film! :? That takes a special kind of "genius."

I saw Ringu. And I was not impressed. I don't want to sound harsh, but the American Ring is ten times better. (Ringu actually made me laugh! ) I've seen The Ring many times and some parts still terrify me. Gore was supposed to come back to direct Ring II but got tied up with Pirates.... A tradgedy if you want my opinion. :( The Ring is THE SCARIEST film I've ever seen, and it's an understatement to say that I was dying to see what Gore would do for an encore.... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 16th, 2006, 8:13 am

...but perhaps a LOT better that he stuck with Pirates in the long run? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 16th, 2006, 10:58 pm

Hmmm...(*weighs films on a scale*) Pirates or Ring? Well, I loved Pirates, but I gotta go with The Ring.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 24th, 2006, 7:07 pm

OH YES!!!!! :D

This was from Wikepedia: (Under "The Ring Two")

Sequel
Dreamworks has confirmed that there will be a second sequel. The cast from the first two movies will possibly not be returning. It is heard from some sources that this film will be lower budget, possibly focusing on the history of the Morgan family, and including information not yet revealed about Samara Morgan, in similar fashion to Ring 0. Naomi Watts will not be returning for the sequel.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 25th, 2006, 7:52 am

Hmmm...can you say "lower grosses" or "DTV"...? ;)