General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » April 10th, 2009, 4:44 pm

:oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » April 10th, 2009, 6:14 pm

Ban for nudity.

While were on it, though, it makes you wonder what Peg must've been like in her heyday

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » April 10th, 2009, 7:45 pm

Yay, Peg too! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Trusted Vizier » April 13th, 2009, 5:56 pm

Let's see, of the top of my head and in no particular order...

Girls

*Kan-u Unchou (Ikkitousen)
*Fujiko Mine (Lupin III)
*Teegra (Fire and Ice)
*Kagero (Ninja Scroll)
*Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell: SAC)
*Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)
*Taarna (Heavy Metal) I've never watched the entire film, but I liked the character and thought her story/sequence was enjoyable to watch.
*Ryofou Housen (Ikkitousen)
*Maestro Delphine (Last Exile)
*Poison Ivy (Batman: TAS)
*Chel (The Road to El Dorado)
*The Duchess (Corto Maltese)
*Jenny (Bucky O'Hare) I know, I know..
*Jessica Rabbit (Who framed Roger Rabbit?)
*Anna Liebert/Nina Fortner (Monster)
*Virus (Spicy City ep. 1)
*Elinore (Wizards)

Boys (Yes, there are a few of them as well)

*Corto Maltese
*Arsene Lupin (Night Hood)
*Alex Row (Last Exile)
*Dio Eraclea (Last Exile)
*Dr Kenzo Tenma (Monster)
*Johan Liebert (Monster)
*Jubei (Ninja Scroll)
*Rikki (Ai no Kusabi)
*Griffith (Berserk)
And possibly David Xanatos (of "Gargoyles" fame) as well.

Hmm, I just realised that several of these characters are actually horrible, twisted. Delphine, Johan and Griffith especially, are not people I would like to meet if they were real. Still, they are so charismatic that they manage to make it unto my lists, thus proving the seductive powers of fictional evil. Bwahaha!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 13th, 2009, 8:01 pm

Hey TV, welcome to our boards...please be aware that we have very strict rules on the use of expletives. As such I removed a word from the final paragraph in your post above, after "twisted".

Please accept that this is a family board and we will boot anyone not adhering to our terms. Thanks, and enjoy yourself here! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 13th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Trusted Vizier wrote:Let's see, of the top of my head and in no particular order...

Girls

*Kan-u Unchou (Ikkitousen)
*Fujiko Mine (Lupin III)
*Kagero (Ninja Scroll)
*Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell: SAC)
*Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)
*Ryofou Housen (Ikkitousen)
*Maestro Delphine (Last Exile)
So, take it anime is allowed IF it's had mainstream Cartoon Network airing?

(Well, so much for Lum and Shampoo, <grumble>...) :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Trusted Vizier » April 14th, 2009, 3:49 am

Ben wrote:Hey TV, welcome to our boards...please be aware that we have very strict rules on the use of expletives. As such I removed a word from the final paragraph in your post above, after "twisted".

Please accept that this is a family board and we will boot anyone not adhering to our terms. Thanks, and enjoy yourself here! :)
I wasn't aware that twisted counted as an expletive, [EXPLETIVE DELETED] on the other hand. In any case, accept my apologies.

EricJ: Why shouldn't animé be allowed? Last time I checked it was animation as well. Oh, and I've never watched Cartoon Network. Well, once at a friend's house when I was a kid, but I don't think they aired any animé back then.

Shampoo would have made it if I had seen the "Ranma 1/2" animé, I've only read the manga (so I guess if there was a "sexiest comic character"-thread, she'd make it onto my list there).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 14th, 2009, 4:33 am

Last time I checked, manga & comics were cartoons, as well. :wink:

----------

And, you may think you were fairly clever with that 'comeback' .. but Ben isn't likely to laugh along with it. Just FYI .. :idea:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Trusted Vizier » April 14th, 2009, 4:50 am

You're most certainly correct that comics count as cartoons as well, for some reason I tend to associate cartoons with animation only, I'm not sure why since many comic-book artists have been refered to as cartoonists.

As for the comeback, I'm afraid that you've lost me on that one, since I wasn't trying to be neither clever nor rude. I was in fact actually unaware that that word counted as an expletive and was not in any way trying to make fun of Ben nor undermining his position. Believe me, it's not in my character to stir up trouble or break any rules.

Now, forgive me for going a bit off-topic, but I do like your avatar, Eusebe is a great character.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 14th, 2009, 12:29 pm

Thanks Droo...and quite correct.

TV...even if you weren't trying to be rude or clever, I think you knew darn well that the word I removed from your post was the offending one. You even said as much yourself.

That you repeated it would normally mean an automatic boot around here...we've just had enough of giving people too much slack and nowadays simply ban people before the comebacks escalate.

In this case, and because from your other posts it is clear you are no idiot, tt wouldn't be fair to suspend you on what <I>could</I> have been a misunderstanding. So consider this a warning, and I trust you will not attempt to try our patience again.

On topic...cartoons came way before animation...hence the first naming of the moving form as an "animated cartoon".

A cartoon was a one-shot image, not a comic-strip: usually a caricature of a local dignitary in an unflattering light. The word "cartoon" actually means a drawn lampoon of something, a pastiche of a person or event by an artist for comical purposes.

Hence the name of these people: cartoonists. Now that we have become all fussy about the various forms (certain serious comics are now "graphic novels", etc), cartoonists became artists, so those that draw comic books, manga and the like are now "artists". But they're all cartoonists really, just as many animators are. They're not drawing real life, they're lampooning or coming up with fantastical ideas that wouldn't be seen in the real world.

As proper "cartoon" cartoons were replaced by comic strips and the funny papers and the fashion for caricature faded, the term "animated cartoon" then dropped the "animated" and just became "cartoon". It was funny when I was growing up because I would see an old-school "cartoon" in, like, Punch or something and complain that it wasn't a cartoon - it didn't move or anything!

Later, of course, I became a little more educated in the word's original meaning... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Trusted Vizier » April 14th, 2009, 1:08 pm

I must apologize Ben, now that I look at your original post (the one after my "list post"), I realise that I misread it. A really embarassing mistake to make on my part. Please, forgive me.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 14th, 2009, 4:45 pm

No probs. Moving on...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: What's everyones top animated babes?

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 15th, 2009, 3:15 pm

CyrusGrissom wrote: 6. Kim Possible.
30. Mary Jane (Spider-Man 90's).
32. Daphne (Scooby Doo).
33. Josie (Josie and The Pussycats).
40. Roxanne ( A Goofy Movie).
51. Mirage (Aladdin The Series).
They"re not really hot.
Oh,and I forgot Jessica Rabbit,thought there scenes that she looks weird but Jasmine also have weird expressions.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 16th, 2009, 3:15 am

Trusted Vizier wrote: Now, forgive me for going a bit off-topic, but I do like your avatar, Eusebe is a great character.
de Cape et de Crocs ("Capes and Fangs") has been among my favorite ongoing graphic novel series, for the past ten years .. I highly-recommend it to anyone who is a fan of swashbuckling 'high-adventure' in the style of Hayao Miyazaki or Terry Gilliam (the main caveat being that it is not, as yet, available in an english-language edition).

Even so, I very much hope that there will be an animated adaptation of de Cape et de Crocs, someday. Several of its action sequences 'read' like animation storyboards, as-is.

-----------------------------

Speaking of european comics, and the topic at hand ..

My personal favorite classic 'sexy' character is Natacha Slivovicz from François Walthéry's Natacha: Hôtesse de l'Air .. (whose still-continuing adventures are likewise unavailable in english .. but which I'd also like to see featured in an animated version, someday).

Another more recent 'sexy' european character, whose adventures are available in english (thanks to Marvel Comics and Heavy Metal magazine), is Noa, from Sky Doll .. created by Barbara Canepa & Alessandro Barbucci. Here again, I'd love to see an animated adaptation, someday. If that happens, it would certainly give the folks in the 'serious/adult animation' threads something to cheer about. :wink:

Other european cartoon characters I'd place in this category would be Colombe from Dany's imaginative Olivier Rameau series; Regis Loisel's Pelisse, the heroine from the classic La Quête de L'Oiseau du Temps ("The Quest for the Time-Bird", which apparently is planned to receive an animated treatment); Loisel's similarly-curvy rendition of Tinkerbell in his own adaptation of Peter Pan, and Mademoiselle Chiffre, the perky arithmetic teacher in Tome & Janry's Petit Spirou series.

My apologies for the lack of pictures for these last few; I didn't want to 'push my luck' with the mods here (it was actually somewhat difficult to find an illustration of Noa that I felt I could post here, at all).