Cartoon Opening Chain

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Konway » August 14th, 2008, 11:05 am

Mark Hamill voiced Corey in HB's I dream of Jeannie. I remember Wait Till Your Father Gets Home. But its been a long time. I do remember liking it.

My only complaint is that Boomerang isn't keeping HB Cartoons in a safe condition. I had a Cartoon Network recording of SWAT Kats and I compared the same episode with Boomerang. Some of the Scenes are Missing. And the condition is poor too.

I always enjoy watching The Flintstones and classic HB cartoons. I hope they will keep them at least in a safe condition.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 14th, 2008, 6:23 pm

Another show Craig McCracken worked on

The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 14th, 2008, 6:28 pm

Swat Kats is awesome. I haven't seen PoDW since I was a kid, but I remember it being a cool show. As for other H-B shows, "Wait Til Your Father Gets Home" and "Capitol Critters" are both underrated.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Konway » August 14th, 2008, 10:45 pm

I remember Capitol Critters. HB made it for Fox. I think Glenn Leopold and Lance Falk were interested in writing scripts for Capitol Critters. Sadly, they didn't get a chance.

Some People say that Fred Flintstone's personality is based on William Hanna. In SK, there was a character called Elrod Purvis. An accident destroys his life. And he became as a villain called Dr. Viper.

If we take "Elrod Purvis" and remove the letters S, O, U and L and re-arrange the remaining letters , then you get "Dr Viper." So by removing Elrod Purvis' soul (i.e. he dies) he becomes Dr. Viper (the formula brings him back to life as an undead mutant).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » August 15th, 2008, 5:08 am

Show that the Powerpuffs originally made their debut on

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 15th, 2008, 5:55 am

Cartoon in which the host of that show made his debut ..

(for some reason, YouTube won't let me 'embed' it here; so I'll have to 'link' it) .. :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 16th, 2008, 12:40 pm

I mixed two very similar threads here as they were both becoming the same thing fast. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » October 8th, 2008, 4:48 pm

This reminds me of space ghost for some reason, Maybe just because they were hanna Barbara from the same era? ^.^;
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 5th, 2009, 9:44 pm

Hope you guys don't mind that I double posted but I wanted to get this started again because its fun.

The previous show reminds me of cavemen and it was the same era.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 5th, 2009, 10:24 pm

.. which reminds me of this:

Think of how that pitch meeting went .. sometime in the late-1970's:

Joe Barbera: So, we'll have Casper the Friendly Ghost team-up with Charlie's Angels .. and they'll fight crime -- in outer space!!

NBC: BRILLIANT!!

:roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » May 5th, 2009, 10:45 pm

Lol, droo's comment about the pitch meeting totally makes me think of this:

I did like the original show, but this was a bit over-the-top...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 5th, 2009, 11:38 pm

OMG these are Epic. I saw the Josie in space one but I've never seen the Casper and the angels one. Seriously wtf?

Btw, your commentary was too funny Droosan. :D

This is bascially a conglomerate of everything we have just been posting. "All your favorite shows in one place." :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 6th, 2009, 2:55 am

Since Foxtale's submission features a character named 'Space Ace,' I figured this should go next:

/plus which, it breaks us out of 'Hanna-Barbera' territory :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 6th, 2009, 12:55 pm

Thank you for getting us out of the Hanna-Barbera realm. I was afraid we were going to be stuck there forever... even though a lot of cartoons made for tv were produced by them. :P

Since you posed Space Ace you knew this was coming. I didn't want to post the video game intro so I tried to find the Intro to the short lived tv show. I couldn't find a good quality version so I apoligize.

For those of your unfamiliar Space Ace and Dragon's Lair were both video games (I posted the short lived cartoon which was only 3 episodes, not made by Don Buth and the characters were only loosely based on Dragon's Lair ones) made by Don Bluth and his studio in the 1980s. They have been reincarnated various times as both games for the computer and dvd games (latest has been HD format I believe).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 6th, 2009, 3:55 pm

BTW, the HD versions are the standard eds upscaled, and not true HD, going from what I understand about the video quality on those titles.