Cartoon Opening Chain

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 6th, 2011, 11:45 pm

I don't recall Little Shop at all. That is so bizarre. "Word, Little Shop"? Just, wow.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Cartoon Opening Chain

Post by droosan » April 11th, 2011, 12:58 am

.. continuing the theme of 'rock & rollin' creeps: :twisted:

* apologies for the soft audio

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 11th, 2011, 2:21 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » April 12th, 2012, 9:17 pm

Whippet Angel wrote:Judging by the trend, this thread gets resurrected around the same time each year. :P
Yeah, I guess it's that time again. :wink: droo's last post reminded me of this:

Loved this show when I was young. I know it was just another Scooby-Doo clone, but I remember liking it even more than Scooby.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 23rd, 2013, 11:44 pm

from a 1970s cartoon rock band, to a (ver-r-ry!!) 1980s cartoon rock band:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 24th, 2013, 12:16 pm

Biz-zarre...! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 4th, 2013, 8:51 pm

I think it's safe to say that the 'game' aspect of this thread has been 'over', for some time .. but perhaps it's better served for allowing us to just share cartoon opening titles for a series about which someone has a question/comment -- or that s/he might like to see on DVD -- or just thinks its opening was kinda cool..! 8)

----------------------------------------

To start with, here's a show which (for me) covers all three of these points:

Pandamonium! was produced by Marvel for CBS Saturday Mornings in 1982. I recall always being very excited by the premise laid-out in this opening title .. only to feel 'let-down' by the episode itself.

IMO this is mostly because the narrative of the titles suggests an 'arc' of continuity -- of a storyline with a definite beginning, middle, and end -- but, alas, the show (like the vast majority of western toons at that time) consists entirely of 'stand-alone' episodes .. with no reference to any 'progress' being made in the quest to collect the pyramid pieces.

This likewise reduced my enjoyment of a contemporary Marvel-produced show: Dungeons & Dragons -- although its ensemble of characters actually kept that series rather compelling, from week-to-week. The three pandas in Pandamonium! were not nearly as interesting .. and the two kids were mere 'cyphers', whom I barely remember.

Even so, If Warner Archive (or someone similar) were to bring this show to DVD .. I'd very likely pick it up. :oops:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 6th, 2013, 5:50 pm

No matter how "bad" anything is, there's *nothing* like childhood nostalgia, Droo! ;)

For a moment there, I thought you might be remembering a cartoon show based on a little seen comedy film "Pandemonium"...but then I saw the spelling twist. Nobody remembers that movie...it was hysterical to us at the time, with a pretty fun cast and some nutty, Airplane!/Mel Brooks-styled spoofery humor. WB have the rights and, even though I transferred my VHS to DVD long ago, I'd snap it up in a widescreen Archive DVD!

:)