Disneyworld Anthology

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disneyworld Anthology

Post by shaunschon » March 25th, 2009, 6:38 am

I just stumbled upon the review for 'The DisneyWorld Anthology' and couldnt believe I'd finally found some mention of a series remember having watched as a three year old. I had no idea what the name of the program was, except that it featured animations like 'the little house', 'Susie The Little Blue Coupe' and 'Little Toot'. So I guess what I'd seen was what's described as the final disc. I still remember how fascinated I was with the beautiful sketches and how characters were brought to life. Anyway, I've been trying to get my hands on a copy forever and have had no such luck. I last watched it more than two decades ago!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 25th, 2009, 12:16 pm

Just to clarify, do you mean The DisneyLAND Anthology on LaserDisc? We have a review for that.

This was a box set that collected six episodes of Walt's television program, with the last (from memory) being the Day In The Life Of Donald Duck show.

The LD box is hard to come by but there are copies out there. However, much of that material has found its way to various DVD releases, and there is much more out on DVD that serves up the short film titles you mention.

Springing to mind is the Walt Disney Treasures line, which featured the Donald Duck show as a bonus, and the Disneyland collections feature more along these lines, such as the first episode of the show which also came in that LD box. The Rarities collection features many of those short films too.

These are also hard to find now, but new stuff is coming to DVD and there's still a wealth of material out there as bonuses on other films' disc releases.

Unfortunately we have a great relationship with the stuidios and can not condone any kind of bootlegging, so I have removed part of your message above.

Most if not all the material you'd be looking for is already out on Disney DVDs (and probably destined for Blu-ray in the future), so it's just a case of knowing where to look. Our Disney Treasures reviews are a good place to start, if you're looking for specific cartoons.

Oh...and welcome to our boards! :)