Comics You'd Like To See Become Animated

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Trusted Vizier » May 28th, 2009, 7:21 am

eddievalient wrote:
Trusted Vizier wrote:Since this is one comic I've never even heard of, would you mind telling me what it was about?
It's about these lab animals who've been turned into living weapons by the government. They're going to be terminated to make way for a better version, but they escape and try to find their way home with the military in pursuit. The story was written by Grant Morrison and it's one of his better works.
Now that I've read your description it struck me that I have heard of this comic, I just couldn't remember the title.

Thanks for reminding me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 28th, 2009, 12:41 pm

You're welcome.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » May 28th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Personally, I'd like to see Pixar tackle Maus. I know Brad Bird already did Ratatouille, but I think he'd do a great job at tackling that film. The Pixar folk always say they make their films more for themselves (adults), so why not this? It would also be interesting to see them adapt something.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Tyler_Legrand » May 31st, 2009, 11:51 pm

estefan wrote:It would also be interesting to see them adapt something.
Does John Carter of Mars count

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » June 1st, 2009, 12:46 am

^ I just finished reading "A Princess of Mars" last night! Fantastical, humorous, and filled to brimming with acts of derring-do... oh, it would be joy to see it animated in high adventure mode, the topography of worlds untethered by reason or logic, the rivers of blood shed by vast armies spanning across the horizon, getting lost in the machinery of atmosphere factories... *sigh*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » June 1st, 2009, 8:26 am

Tyler_Legrand wrote:
estefan wrote:It would also be interesting to see them adapt something.
Does John Carter of Mars count
I thought Stanton was making that at Disney with Pixar helping to produce it. It's also live-action, isn't it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » June 1st, 2009, 6:12 pm

^ Yez.
And don’t expect this to be a Pixar production. Stanton, talking to Sci-Fi.com, says that Disney will be behind this one. “It's being done by Disney, and I'm sort of being loaned out. We're sort of using any element that we need to to make the film right. We're not being purist with Pixar, but Pixar's a brand that you have to trust that's for all ages. This story of John Carter is not going to be an all-ages film.”

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » August 13th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Why hasn't nobody mentioned Calvin and Hobbes?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » August 13th, 2009, 9:59 pm

Probably because it would never happen, as Bill Watterson has rejected any form of merchandising for his characters.

It would be interesting, though... ^___^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » August 13th, 2009, 10:06 pm

I remember reading somewhere that Bill Waterson considered the idea of making Calvin and hobbes into a cartoon, but then later dropped the idea. I kinda agree in someway on what he said about it. But if a special was produced around when Garfield and Charlie Brown were getting animated specials. It would've been either a good thing...or a bad thing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » September 1st, 2009, 1:17 am

I'd love to see a rock-solid, mature animated adaptation of Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. With it's dense, illustrative style, it'd be a traditional animator's Victorian fever dream come true! They could stick to the team's exploits in any of the chapters or forge something wholly new (or maybe just explore some of the period described by the Black Dossier).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Ghostbuster Man » February 22nd, 2010, 12:55 pm

If anyone has read Sabrina Online, That would make a great animated series.

Also BONE!

American_dog_2008

Re: Comics You'd Like To See Become Animated

Post by American_dog_2008 » February 22nd, 2010, 3:16 pm

LOL!

My wish came true! :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » February 28th, 2010, 10:41 pm

Speaking of Calvin and Hobbes, there is this cute little fan-made short that nicely captures the spirit of the strip (in my opinion, anyway ^___^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » March 25th, 2010, 8:32 pm

Trailer for Marmaduke is out. It looks god-awful in my opinion.

This kinda looks like a cross between Beverly Hills Chihuahua (which I have to admit was kinda cute), and Marley and Me (which I hated with a passion).

link