Top 25 animated film characters

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Top 25 Animated Film Characters

Post by Dusterian » July 30th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Thanks Rodney. Yea I could see Crush too, I just don't really like him or find him that funny, maybe because he's supposed to be like a surfer and no one else seems based on a stereotype in their speech, etc. But I know he's still liked by so many.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 1st, 2009, 11:26 am

Bugs has featured in several features (albeit compilations), all of which show what we love about his character off amply.

It's just that the list is -20 years-only obsessed, in the main, and it is focused on animated characters specifically from feature films. Even so, we shouldn't have Mickey in there either, then, since at best The Sorcerer's Apprentice is a short film within a feature if taken at face value.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Top 25 Animated Film Characters

Post by Dusterian » August 1st, 2009, 6:50 pm

Yea that's true. I don't think it really showed off Mickey either. Though I think I prefer Mickey the way he was in that film...he was still endearing and a great character in that act.

I don't know if Bugs was actually fiven as much new animation just for the feature that Mickey had.

That's the difference, then. Bugs' animation was mostly, not all, but mostly recycled from non-features, while this Mickey animation was all knew.

Once again they should have specified "animated feature film" instead of just "animated".

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 3rd, 2009, 11:32 am

Well, Mickey wasn't animated for Fantasia, it just turned out that way when The Sorcerer's Apprentice got too expensive to be a short and they built the rest of the film around it. Therefore you could argue that even this sequence was recylced from a previous idea!

Anyway...moot points...a list is a list and gets replaced by the next one...!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ribbedebie » August 4th, 2009, 6:17 am

Random: old Mickey owns new Mickey.

And Scrat is just awesome all around. Eh, I do not really think that list is very apt

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » August 4th, 2009, 4:03 pm

Why doesn't anyone give other film characters a chance? That list right there is TOO much Disney material.