Films Other Than Pixar/WDAS That Disney Had A Creative Role

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Films Other Than Pixar/WDAS That Disney Had A Creative Role

Post by Neal » August 21st, 2009, 2:38 pm

Obviously between the 'animated classics' from Walt Disney Animation Studios, the films from Pixar Animation Studios, the rise of ImageMovers Digital, and the DTV work of DisneyToon Studios - you've covered just about all the animated films under the Disney umbrella.

But I'm curious about the other films that they had creative input on.

The Wild - I heard that this was being planned as a live-action Disney feature, so all the storyboards were done at Walt Disney Pictures.

The Brave Little Toaster - Originally proposed as an animated classic, where did it go from there?

The Nightmare before Christmas/James and the Giant Peach/Frankenweenie - what does Disney have to do with these Burton and/or Selick stop-motion films?

Gnomeo and Juliet - any creative input there?

Roadside Romeo?

Basically, beyond the traditional Disney studios everyone talks about, what other animated films did a Disney studio animated, storyboard, script?

I don't care about the ones they just distributed like Valiant or Ghibli features, I want to know which ones had creative input by Disney?

I'm not sure if this will produce a long list of features, or if I've basically summed it up above and there aren't that many, but help is appreciated!
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 21st, 2009, 11:19 pm

Looks like Neal is back on the obsessive must-have-anything-Disney-might-have-touched route... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » August 22nd, 2009, 1:11 am

You're lucky I'm not an uber nerd who'd go all on the offensive for your lambasting.

I'm actually done buying new Disney DVDs for now. I've got what I want, and there were many I chose not to buy. If you think I buy everything Disney touches as a blind-buy, you've got me all wrong.

There is a guy at the Ultimate Disney forums who buys every single Disney, Touchstone, Miramax, etc. film be it direct-to-video or not, live-action or animated without question, double dipping, triple-dipping, he just has to have them all. And better yet, he never opens them. Just collects them and puts them on a shelf and takes pictures to boast.

I buy mine to watch, enjoy, and study.

But all that long winded response was unnecessary because as I said, I'm not buying any more at this time. I'm actually just trying to sort out some things in my head concerning Disney and animation - just satisfying curiosities and nothing more.