Why is John K Stuff open to only invited readers now

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 9th, 2009, 2:41 am

estefan wrote:As for his opinion, I don't typically agree with what he has to say (particarly his hatred towards Roger Rabbit, Animaniacs and other Spielberg-produced toons).
Wait, y'mean Killer didn't like Roger Rabbit or Animaniacs either?--
Thought they both shared a monomaniacal tunnel-visioned obsession with depicting all Warner Bros. toons as shrieking, spastic, anvil-dropping Bob Clampett frenzies...Sad that they couldn't share that bit of common ground. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 9th, 2009, 2:42 am

estefan wrote:As for his opinion, I don't typically agree with what he has to say (particarly his hatred towards Roger Rabbit, Animaniacs and other Spielberg-produced toons).
Wait, y'mean Killer didn't like Roger Rabbit or Animaniacs either?--
Thought they all three shared a selectively monomaniacal tunnel-visioned obsession with depicting all Warner Bros. toons as shrieking, spastic, anvil-dropping Bob Clampett frenzies...Sad that they couldn't share that bit of common ground. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 9th, 2009, 7:44 am

I won't mention Cool World... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 9th, 2009, 9:29 am

I used to have a fairly sizable collection of original animation production art, but I sold most of it off a few years back.

One of the pieces which I still have (because I couldn't bring myself to part with it) is a cel/BG setup, signed by John K, which features the Big Bad Wolf and 'Little' Red Riding Hood ..

as seen in Spümcø's highly-entertaining Nike commercial:

In fact (though Mr. K would hate to hear me say it), I think the entertainment value of Spümcø's advertising works actually exceeds that of most of their full-blown 'cartoons'. Maybe it's that 30-second time limit ..? ;)

--------------------

But Spümcø's very finest work, IMHO, was the rather unfortunately-titled (and, sadly, as-yet 'unfinished') 1990's 'webtoon' Weekend Pussy Hunt. It started as a standard 'poop-joke' cartoon, but morphed over several episodes into a full-blown cartoon-noir crime drama.

Unfortunately, the cartoon series was a victim of the 'dot-com' collapse; it ended production very suddenly when it's host/sponsor icebox.com went belly-up. For some reason, WPH remains pretty hard to find online .. I kinda wish the last few episodes could be completed, and the series released as a DVD, someday.