YouTube Goodness

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: YouTube Goodness

Post by EricJ » December 29th, 2018, 1:57 pm

Dacey wrote:....what? :?
You're telling me you don't remember three solid years of THIS?? :shock:

Yes, CN had its little tantrum, and got all the bad old reruns off its network, now it's time to repair the cultural damage it inflicted on an entire generation of cartoon watchers that grew up believing that the new millennium needed to "avenge" the fact that the Wonder Twins ever appeared on television, as well as the Guy Who Talks to Fish.
Last edited by EricJ on December 29th, 2018, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 29th, 2018, 2:46 pm

HE SAID "YOU'VE GOT AQUAMAN JOKES COMING FROM PEOPLE TOO YOUNG TO HAVE EVER SEEN SUPERFRIENDS IN THEIR LIVES"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 29th, 2018, 2:48 pm

James wrote:
HE SAID "YOU'VE GOT AQUAMAN JOKES COMING FROM PEOPLE TOO YOUNG TO HAVE EVER SEEN SUPERFRIENDS IN THEIR LIVES"
Thank you, Garrett Morris. :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 17th, 2019, 11:55 pm

Kinda random but with all the talk of remakes I couldn't help but think of these two films:

Psycho, dir. Alfred Hitchcock, 1960.

Psycho, dir. Gus Van Sant, 1998.

Both clips are from the "A Boy's Best Friend is his mother" monologue. I'm not trying to attack Vaughn or Heche; both of them do an adequate job, (although in my opinion Vaughn was completely miscast). Sort of interesting to see the two scenes side by side.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 18th, 2019, 5:06 am

Almost as scary as the film (and its weird remake!) is the fact you brought this up just as one of our movie nights this week is...Psycho! The original, natch.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 18th, 2019, 3:38 pm

LOL! :o
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 19th, 2019, 12:38 am

OK, just want to say right off the bat that this is NOT a real movie. But it's d*** convincing, at first I was definitely fooled by it! :) (Fresh Prince of Bel Air as a gritty coming-of-age drama called "Bel Air".)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 21st, 2019, 10:04 pm

This might seem a bit insane but for some reason I've always loved the last scene of Batman and Robin (well, except the VERY last part LOL). Everything feels so much more natural and the actors actually seem to have a bit of chemistry together. Plus Michael Gough could NEVER give a bad performance, (even in the scene where he's basically Max Headroom talking to Barbara on the computer).

Plus the funniest thing happened when I watched this in the theater (opening night, completely packed); during the scene where Bruce is pacing nervously and Barbara's sleeping on the couch, someone from the front row actually yelled out: "Oh, won't this EVER end?" And EVERYONE laughed. :P :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 2nd, 2019, 4:03 pm

So this existed...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 2nd, 2019, 5:18 pm

Existed, past tense:
Sadly, the Brazilian studio of "What's Up" and "Ratatoing" is no longer around, and the mantle of horrendous-looking Because-We-Can Pixar and DreamWorks knockoffs has now been picked up by...the Asylum. Yes, THAT one.
Because they feel a noble duty that their "fans" expect it from them:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 12th, 2019, 11:41 pm

Interesting. Those "films" always look so incredibly hideous to me...but nothing can top the vomit-inducing Ratatoing. :shock:

And wow, that other movie...gee, I've always wondered what a crossover with Over the Hedge, Flushed Away, A Bug's Life and Ratatouille would look like. :| (Apparently quite painful.)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 16th, 2019, 1:20 am

What's different about this one is that they literally just use Roddy and Verne, rather than create their own rip-off characters. I suspect that's why this one never came to the states, as they wanted to avoid DreamWorks pursuing a lawsuit (which, of course, several studios ended up doing anyway).
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 11th, 2019, 9:11 pm

So I was just surfing around the net and ran into this.

For those who don't know, Robert Downey Jr recorded a musical album in 2004 called The Futurist. This is the track of the same name.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 11th, 2019, 9:41 pm

I didn't know about the album, but he did a great Billy Joel impression as the character he played on Ally McBeal years ago. The guy is talented.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 18th, 2019, 3:41 pm

:D