AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: YouTube Goodness

Post by ShyViolet » April 23rd, 2023, 11:31 am

Sending our love down that well!

https://youtu.be/o4HTvVM3U3U

Homer: That Timmy is a real hero!
Lisa: How do you mean, Dad?
Homer: Well, he fell down a well, and…he can’t get out.
Lisa: How does that make him a hero?
Homer: Well, it’s more than you did!

:lol:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 26th, 2023, 9:40 am

It do be like that these days tho!

mom.jpg
mom.jpg (128.09 KiB) Viewed 8151 times

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 27th, 2023, 5:38 pm

That’s cute. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 27th, 2023, 5:39 pm

I love this song!!!!!

https://youtu.be/KNHrzZUascE

:) :) :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 11th, 2023, 2:15 pm

Insanely great Donkey Kong Country fan animation...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 11th, 2023, 2:49 pm

I need to watch this later, but it looks excellent.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » May 23rd, 2023, 2:06 pm

Apparently there is a scene in the new John Wick movie where he gets knocked down some stairs and falls for a ridiculously long time. To promote the digital release, Lionsgate has posted a video of Wick falling down those stairs for ten hours!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 23rd, 2023, 4:45 pm

Well, fun idea, but that could have easily been better edited to really just flow on and on forever and not show the obvious start cut every time. It’s not hard… :(

Think Meryl Streep did it betterer back in 1992… :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » May 23rd, 2023, 6:05 pm

The actual cut was pretty bad. What I thought was hilarious the first time I watched a bit of it was I thought the cut had already happened... but no, the original clip is just really long!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 23rd, 2023, 7:34 pm

Yes, this is true!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 17th, 2023, 2:40 pm

This more or less reflects my thoughts on Wendell and Wild. Obviously I don't "agree" with everything here (I hated the "broken faces" and found them so distracting, assuming it was a budget thing), but it does go into a lot of the issues I had. I really think Sellick might be like Don Bluth in that he works better when he has less "control," and I say that as someone who considers Coraline one of their favorite films. Also, this has spoilers (duh!)...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 17th, 2023, 8:44 pm

I still find Monkeybone absolutely hilarious and vastly underrated.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 18th, 2023, 12:23 am

Looks like this went up a couple of years ago, but I hadn't looked for a while. Always wanted to see this!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 18th, 2023, 5:10 am

Oh joy! Rapture!
When I was young(er!), a company in the UK – I believe it was called Alpha Video – issued a great many number of VHS titles which were culled from the archives of, primarily, the Filmation library. This is where I caught my first glimpses of the “best” episodes of such shows as New Adventures Of Superman, Tarzan: Lord Of The Apes and Flash Gordon, plus many shows built around popular comics characters The Archies, Sabrina The Teenage Witch and Lassie’s Rescue Rangers.

On the front of those tapes was a generic preview of other titles, many of which I could never find in our rather limited local tape library, and one of them was for a show that looked, to my little eyes, like it mixed the characters from the Rankin/Bass stop-motion feature Mad Monster Party with the classic stable of Warner Brothers’ Looney Tunes gang. I distinctly remember Daffy Duck popping up on the same screen as the animated Dracula, clearly based on the Monster Party movie, and was excited to find out that the show, called Groovie Goolies, would soon start running again on TV. The versions of the episodes we got in the mid-1980s were mixed and chopped up for syndication, so I wasn’t able to pinpoint if this was the show that had featured Daffy Duck (even back then I had realised that copyright existed and there must have been some deal made that would have allowed Daffy to be animated by another company).

Years later, and following the great, great work that BCI Eclipse has been doing in taking those old Filmation shows and revitalising them for exceptional DVD box set releases, I was again eager to check out the Groovie Goolies to again try and track down what were fast becoming what I thought must have been figments of my imagination. The short end to this tale is that I’m still searching…the series presented on these discs is absent any involvement from Daffy and company, though on digging up info for this review I finally found out that I’m not crazy: Daffy Duck And Porky Pig Meet The Groovie Goolies does indeed exist as a one-hour special made at the end of this series’ run in 1972, but sadly not included here.
https://animatedviews.com/2007/groovie- ... ollection/

Great to finally have found a copy! And I like how they tried to fix the issue with Blanc’s slower, drawlier older Daffy voice, and never understood why Warners didn’t do this in the later cartoons. It doesn’t *quite* work but it’s a better fix than having such different tones between then and "now" in such things as the Warners compilation movies. Nice find! :)