Rotten Tomatoes 10 Bad-Ass Babes

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Team
AV Team

Rotten Tomatoes 10 Bad-Ass Babes

Post by Dan » June 29th, 2010, 11:33 am

Rotten Tomatoes, the web site which compiles together film reviews from around the country to form a consensus opinion of a film, put together an unranked list of the ten bad-ass babes in cinema. Among them is one animated female of the bunch, San of Princess Mononoke.
Characterized with attributes rarely seen in live-action, she's primal and edgy, fierce and violent.
The rest of the list, as well as the rest of their write-up on San, can be seen here:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/to ... ion_stars/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Rotten Tomatoes 10 Bad-Ass Babes

Post by Vernadyn » June 29th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Interesting list. I wouldn't necessarily put Charlie's Angels (the movie ones at least) or Angelina Jolie's Fox on there. (I enjoyed Wanted, but I think I would replace her with The Matrix's Trinity.) San is a good choice. Nausicaa, Mulan, and Kusanagi are other good animated candidates. Replace the word "babe" (as the article title says) with "female action star" (as it says in the link), and Hit-Girl would definitely be near the top of my list.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » June 29th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Although if you do make it Female Action Star, then Joan of Arc would be dropped because Passion of Joan of Arc, while one of the more stunning discoveries I made, is not even close to an action film.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 30th, 2010, 10:26 pm

Replace the word "babe" (as the article title says) with "female action star" (as it says in the link), and Hit-Girl would definitely be near the top of my list.
Couldn't agree more.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."