A day at the convention office for Erin Gray

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
GeorgeC

A day at the convention office for Erin Gray

Post by GeorgeC » September 7th, 2010, 10:38 am

Or as Twiki would say, "Bee dee bee dee bee dee bee dee... Hiya, Babe!"

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/09/06/d ... lebrities/

New life for Erin Gray. Once known as Col. Wilma Deering on the late 1970s/early 1980s science fiction TV series, "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century," and later as Kate in "Silver Spoons," she wears a business suit now. (Still looks better than 70% of the women 20+ years younger than her, too.)

In addition to guest-shots and the occasional TV movie, she manages and books celebrity clients for fan conventions around the world.

Her company, Heroes for Hire, manages 35 celebrities who do the con circuit including former Buck Rogers co-star, Gil Gerard.

Coming soon to a sci-fi and comic book convention near you...

Good for her!

She figured out a way to keep making a living and be relevant in pop culture.

She was a crush for many of us young boys growing up in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Spandex hasn't been the same since.

Great to see that there are brains to go with the looks.

Triple sexy!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 7th, 2010, 11:10 am

And Death Race 2000, George! ;)

Although I just did a quick check and couldn't find that she was in the original 1976 movie, I was sure she's the girl that pops up (and out!) as Frankenstein's little bit on the side. Both me and a pal jumped up and shouted "Wilma" when she appeared...or did we boo-boo? I've always thought it was her...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 7th, 2010, 6:05 pm

I met her in Calgary in April. Nice lady, still lookin' good. :) Her signed photo is above my desk right now.